Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a lesser recognised note of cooperation, Sanofi, having ditched its own vaccine, has announced that it will produce 100 million doses of its rival Pfizer’s vaccine this year.

That's the sort of cooperation we need. Brilliant from Sanofi, wonder if others can/will do similar.

Reading tonight that Germany has now formally demanded that the EU block the export of all Covid-19 vaccines produced within the EU. I know this was being discussed on here last night, didn't think we had quite reached that stage though. Interesting to see where things go from here but I know the EU are meeting with AZ tomorrow so hopefully things can get smoothed over a bit.

I don't think this is true at the moment - I think this is Feigl-Ding's tweet, and an 'interesting' translation of what has been said.

At most, the theory of monitoring what goes where has been raised - basically along the lines of:
- it's made in the EU/Germany
- it's paid for in part by the EU
- as a non-profit thing shouldn't be outpaid (should that be happening - I don't know)
- given the above, we should look at whether EU-made stuff is leaving the EU

There is also an element of the health minister Spahn posturing for domestic purposes.

Yep that’s the one I did and also got week commencing 9/3/21 . Guess your 55 ish

I just had a look at that - it's assuming 350k-400k/day - it'll presumably depend on whether they can source 650-700k/day so they also cover the 2nd doses needed at the same time.

Watch Area Summary:

In the rest of the North West cases were falling. Liverpool up slightly to 261 but is now running pretty level with Manchester after for the past 5 or 6 weeks being way ahead of it. Wirral has plummeted too and is now at a quarter of the level it was just two or three weeks ago (from 562 to 115 today). Knowsley also on Merseyside has fallen similarly from nearly 300 to just 110 and though it will become the third place to enter the 10,000 club later it looks like now it will not be this week as it is crawling over that line not racing over it. And today only went up by 32 to 9836 as opposed to 132 just 6 days ago.

Elsewhere in the NW Blackburn was sub 100 but still collected enough of a Pop Score rise today of just 60 to overtake Merthyr in Wales (which has fallen way down too in numbers), So at 10, 253 Blackburn now has the highest Pop score in the UK. Hence - sadly - all the deaths you often see me mention in East Lancashire hospital when giving the England hospital numbers each afternoon.

These huge falls are the main reason cases are falling in the North West but less so in GM and its percentage of the NW total is rising. Not because GM is doing much wrong but just it has less to fall than the places that have done just that. If we stabilise around 40% or just above of the NW total (GM is 36.7% tonight) that is about right. Any higher and that is disproportionate. About 39% is actually the rough population of GM to NW split but other factors like urban sprawl will be involved too.

In Cheshire Warrington was up a bit today but well below where it was and not really in trouble any more. Cheshire East - for Andyhinch - up a bit at 103 but under half where it was. Weekly Pop Score down to 246.

Kent are well and truly out of their mess. Numbers have been tumbling for a while. Dartford down at 50 cases a quarter where they were. Weekly Pop score down to just 510 when it was 1200 or so at one point And Medway at 117 nowhere near the 600 + they got up to and Weekly Pop now down to 396 well and truly out of the woods.

And in Wales it is the same story at Swansea with just 36 cases one of the lowest yet I have seen here. Out of trouble with a weekly Pop score of just 128.

I don't think this is true at the moment - I think this is Feigl-Ding's tweet, and an 'interesting' translation of what has been said.

At most, the theory of monitoring what goes where has been raised - basically along the lines of:
- it's made in the EU/Germany
- it's paid for in part by the EU
- as a non-profit thing shouldn't be outpaid (should that be happening - I don't know)
- given the above, we should look at whether EU-made stuff is leaving the EU

There is also an element of the health minister Spahn posturing for domestic purposes.

Thanks for the link. Even just the second paragraph, sets a tone that this might all be something over nothing and by Feb 7th they could be receiving actually faster delivery than they would have expected? So hard to know what's gone on and what people really mean when making such statements - if it's purely politicking or genuine.

If they haven't at all literally demanded the EU to stop the export, what would Fiegl-Ding have to gain from incorrectly quoting those words, or am I reading too much into it and he's just made a human error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.