Holiday advice

was holding out for Miami in October or if not possible maybe Tenerife,cant see its possible now so April 22 being the target,,any posters booked for later this year? if you have can you keep pushing the flights back,,some great prices if you can lock in now

Fuck yes.

Wow!
Radio 4 had a feature just now saying that tomorrow the govt are going announce EVERYONE coming into country, including returning brits will be taken at the point of entry to a hotel for compulsory quarantine at the passenger’s expense.

Of the many things which have astounded me in the way this whole pandemic has been managed, top of the list is the lack of control of incoming people. Strict restrictions should have been in place at pretty much day 1. We all sat and watched the news as the infections migrated from the east, and at no point did our leadership say "hey fuck me lads, we're an island, lets make use of it's natural defence and stop people coming in"

Of the many things which have astounded me in the way this whole pandemic has been managed, top of the list is the lack of control of incoming people. Strict restrictions should have been in place at pretty much day 1. We all sat and watched the news as the infections migrated from the east, and at no point did our leadership say "hey fuck me lads, we're an island, lets make use of it's natural defence and stop people coming in"

I landed back at Birmingham airport towards the end of February, from the Philippines via Istanbul.

I was amazed that there was nothing whatsoever regarding incoming travellers....no questions asked, no forms to fill out, no health questionnaire, not even a curiosity of where people had entered from, and no general temperature check facilities which I think most airports had set up by then.

When they first announced recently that they were barring arrivals from South Africa, that was only applicable for people arriving on a direct service.
Many people will have flown back via the Middle East/Europe and they could enter freely and without restriction.

Led by donkeys.

We had pencilled in France for 3-4 weeks in July. That was going over on the Ferry. The possible long weekend in San Sebastián end of sept. Skiing in Jan 2022. I can’t see a single one of them happening at this point in time.

So it’ll be a new tent purchased and just go wherever the weather is decent when we get the chance.

i think something like 30 million came through heathrow during that critical period only to be told if you dont feel good its ok to get on a packed tube and go home for 14 days isolation but we may phone you to check

Should have said it was 11 years ago when we went, the locals we encountered were great but this was only within the complex or tourist ventures. they were very uncomplimentary about the Haitians, reckoned they were streaming across and causing unemployment etc, maybe that has escalated in recent times. Maybe look elsewhere, nothing worse than not feeling relaxed when you're on your jollies.

On a personal note, had my first visit to Goa in January, can't wait to get back there but I expect it will be a long time before that happens. I'll be happy with the Canaries if/when we're all safely vaccinanted.
bump, was it good in Goa?,safe?, decent beaches?,could you go out into the towns?, its been recomended by so many people to me, was just looking at the TUI site there doing bookings with no deposit and you can book as far as may 22 and the prices are decent,might be worth locking in at those prices and fingers crossed we'l be virus free by then

Last edited:
bump, was it good in Goa?,safe?, decent beaches?,could you go out into the towns?, its been recomended by so many people to me, was just looking at the TUI site there doing bookings with no deposit and you can book as far as may 22 and the prices are decent,might be worth locking in at those pices and fingers crossed we'l be virus free by then
We loved it, never felt unsafe out and about, again the locals are all bang on, you can go where you like from what I experienced. The beaches are the best part for me, all the different shacks where you can stay all day, sunbeds, beers, freshly cooked lunch, more beers, coffees, whatever £25 tops for 2 for the whole day, couldn't fault it and can't wait to return.
We were in Candolim, booked it via TUI's bucket site, https://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk stayed at Aldeia Santa Rita, can highly recommend it, although not luxury by any means we couldn't fault any aspect of it, food, staff. location, all were spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.