Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's by no means over yet but i predicted at the end of last season the tide would turn in terms of the way teams would play against them (How they've played against us for the last few seasons), how they dont have the guile to get through the middle channels like we do and how Klopps head would fall off under the pressure from the media.

It's happening...

Mentioned it last night but playing a core sqaud of around 15 players constantly in almost every game and pushing them to there absoulte limit for around 3 years is going to cause injuries, burnout and loss of form eventually.

Their squad is completley lob-sided and the back up players for the first team are simply not good enough.

You do have to wonder whats going on the dressing room as well as Klopp is becoming more unhinged in every interview and that can only be a negitive thing for the players

Exactly. Fed up of morons like him with their 'nobody cares about City' bullshit...Themselves and the Rags go on like the hatred is massive between them yet they do nothing but praise eachother with crap like 'I'd much prefer is to be in a title race with eachother than being in one with City'...Nothing short of sucking eachother off, Yet they both have nothing better to do than talk about City!

We'll blow both of these twats out of the water this season starting with Sunday when we stamp our authority!
I think you have overtaken utd in kopites hearts in terms of hatred. I absolutely love there arrogance that success is a god given right to them and utd due to how well they have done in the past. Everytime I simply mention a city player doing well them I get the ol "manc" shout. I am particularly enjoying Forden doing well as I mentioned him being a future star awhile ago to the loveable reds in work only to be told hes crap.

Mentioned it last night but playing a core sqaud of around 15 players constantly in almost every game and pushing them to there absoulte limit for around 3 years is going to cause injuries, burnout and loss of form eventually.

Their squad is completley lob-sided and the back up players for the first team are simply not good enough.

You do have to wonder whats going on the dressing room as well as Klopp is becoming more unhinged in every interview and that can only be a negitive thing for the players
Another problem is expecting so called back up players who haven't played in months to suddenly play at peak form when called upon. Giving every squad member regular playing minutes is important in maintaining levels.

Allow me to make a post that’s heavily based upon assumptions :)

At the halfway mark we had 41 points and we dropped points in 7 of those 19 games. I think we can, and will, do slightly better in the second half of the season. Let’s be conservative and say we will finish on around 85 points. I think that’s a reasonable prediction?

The MAXIMUM Liverpool can finish on by winning all 16 remaining games is 88. By my calculations/assumptions, if we win at the weekend against them they are finished.

We literally have the chance to end their title challenge. But either way, they can’t even afford to drop points in 2 more games this season, potentially only one if it’s a defeat.

Another problem is expecting so called back up players who haven't played in months to suddenly play at peak form when called upon. Giving every squad member regular playing minutes is important in maintaining levels.

Without rotation you simply cannot expect to keep that level of performance up. Even in our winning run of 13 games Pep has made 4-5 each game to keep players fresh.

Klopp hasn't done that for around 3 years and has only rotated because of injury or he wants to throw a cup competition. That excuse about the players being tired is probably true but hes only got himself to blame as he clearly doesnt trust the backup players

If we're honest, they've had world class performers throughout their squad for the past two years - Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum. Plus others playing beyond their normal level, such as Robertson, TAA, Henderson, Firmino, Ox (for a time) plus others.

What we're seeing is a natural come down attributed to by broken confidence and injury problems. That relentless energy they had has also dropped considerably.

Hopefully they'll never rediscover that previous level and the transition they go through will push them back to top 4 challengers at best.

Bunch of wankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.