#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We clearly disagree and don't have an issue with that.

Quite a few on here though are of similar mind that they don't want Sterling to start on Sunday for similar reasons.

You and anyone else not wanting him to start is one thing. No problem with that.

But attempting to back that up by saying he is always woeful against Liverpool is complete bollocks.

You and anyone else not wanting him to start is one thing. No problem with that.

But attempting to back that up by saying he is always woeful against Liverpool is complete bollocks.
We clearly disagree. I maintain his record is woeful, you don't.

We both have posters who would agree with our relevant opinions, it's a forum of opinions after all, we are not always going to agree with all

Im not keen on either.I'd go......

------------Jesus-----------
Torres----Foden----Bernardo
------Gundo----Rodri----------
Zinchenko-Dias-Stones-Cancelo
Happy with that back 4. I would then consider sticking Fern in alongside Rodri. Put Gundogan where you have Foden and put Foden out wide left with Torres on the bench.

——————-Jesus———————-
Foden—-Gundogan——-Bernardo
—————Fern———Rodri————
Zin——Dias——-Stones——-Cancelo

Happy with that back 4. I would then consider sticking Fern in alongside Rodri. Put Gundogan where you have Foden and put Foden out wide left with Torres on the bench.

——————-Jesus———————-
Foden—-Gundogan——-Bernardo
—————Fern———Rodri————
Zin——Dias——-Stones——-Cancelo
More solid,definitely.

His record against the rags... is woeful
That's irrelevant.

How is he coming into form exactly as recent match day threads as well as this one would suggest otherwise.
Because bluemoon is an accurate indicator of player performances, and not hugely overcritical of some players and influenced by bias...

He's got 3 goals, 1 assist in his last 4 games. He's got 5 goals, 4 assists in his last 9. That's coming in to good form. If he kept this form for an entire season he'd get 50 combined goals + assists.

His record against the dippers is woeful, so why do you expect it to change on Sunday?
Call it a hunch.

Last edited:
Improving but rugged is the word, he’s over thinking it again... he’s at his best when instinctive, a bit like andy Cole, time to think and he talks himself out of the right decision...

still wouldn’t be without him though
, he runs defences to the point of collapse, it’s when we are at our most dangerous...

I’d use the analogy of a boxer, we all love a knockout, the thrill and excitement of no comeback, Raz is more the conditioned fighter who isn’t a big hitter, invariably winning on points, less exciting but the W is all that matters!
i like this analogy. it's really only when he plays on the left isn't it. it's like a fighter with one arm, you know what's gonna happen. he has to stop and cut back eventually because he can't/won't try crossing with his left hardly ever.
on the right with the ball he can cut in or go down the line at pace without stopping to (think)cross, and the same when receiving a through ball on the right which he can't do on the left. more instinctive on the right which benefits the team, as we've seen.

i like this analogy. it's really only when he plays on the left isn't it. it's like a fighter with one arm, you know what's gonna happen. he has to stop and cut back eventually because he can't/won't try crossing with his left hardly ever.
on the right with the ball he can cut in or go down the line at pace without stopping to (think)cross, and the same when receiving a through ball on the right which he can't do on the left. more instinctive on the right which benefits the team, as we've seen.
Not sure if i,m adding much to this discussion,but i was very very impressed with Sterlings involvement in the 1st goal v burnley.
To receive,a high lofted pass,when you are out on the left wide midfield...to be able to chest the ball ,gain control,kill the ball dead,...and nutmeg the full back in the blink of an eye......and then move in wth a dangerous ,searching pass towards the penalty area with a guided ,side-footed,low pass..and then move ,as if to recieive it back,spreading panic across the oppenents back line,..Thats class.
Sterling made it all look very easy but you have appreciate the high technique needed to pull of what he did.
The burnley full back would have been told,watch him closely,get into him etc..and..watching the high ball to Sterling ,may have thought...no immediate danger here/he is going nowhere.....
Sterling turned that situation into a goal...Fantastically skilled approach play,from a player asked to turn out on his weaker' left side.
It was absolute quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.