Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly Sally will be sweeping aside the tennis, horse racing, taekwondo and inter counties basket weaving on BBC Breakfast tomorrow to lead with telling the world that City have broken the record for the most consecutive wins in all competitions and have reached yet another quarter final. (Not to mention reaching 10 Wembley finals in the last 11 seasons).

Maybe.

Silly Sally will be sweeping aside the tennis, horse racing, taekwondo and inter counties basket weaving on BBC Breakfast tomorrow to lead with telling the world that City have broken the record for the most consecutive wins in all competitions and have reached yet another quarter final. (Not to mention reaching 10 Wembley finals in the last 11 seasons).

Maybe.
Unfortunately bud you'll have more chance of seeing Moses paddling in the Mersey than that happening.

Is it his job to be a 'pro-City' reporter? I thought he was supposed to write the truth about City. Whether or not this particular snippet is true or not I don't know, but the fact it (arguably) makes City look bad doesn't bother me - if it's true.
So we've reached the point where we don't know if what journalists are saying is true or false? What a sad state of affairs, when even the more professional, up market news outlets like The Athletic are indistinguishable from publications like The Sun, The Star and The Beano.

Was Glenn twaddle really a football manager? Talking of Calvert Lewin he just said “they’ve just taken him straight off so it can’t be that serious”, surely that would only be the case if they had kept him on?

Maybe.
There’s a squadron of pork just gone flying past and done a loop-de-loop

Not sure it displays bias but I suppose it could be considered irritating, based on your observations, that we have not received a mention.

As for fair and equitable, fair and equitable in comparison to who?

Do you think other sides, lets say Newcastle, Villa, Everton get as much coverage as us or other sides further down the pyramid? Is that fair or does that display a bias for us against those other clubs?

There is plenty of coverage about us, including after the Liverpool match, we might not get as much as some sides but we get a lot more than others. If memory served me correct we had the Foden goal on video, article from Shearer on us being favourites, article about Peps comments on Foden being a special talent, plus the match report on the BBC website the next day.

I suppose its a personal thing but at the moment just enjoying everything about the club currently, and yes a lot of the coverage also. Just a great time to be a blue so Im just focusing on all the positives and probably less sensitised to do these perceived slights.

It is the media thread after all.

City v Liverpool the top matches of any premier league season, and it was reported after ireland v wales rugby, some tennis game and a sport from the USA , a type of rugby I believe.
If you believe a 4 _1 Liverpool victory would have been fifth up I am a dutchman.
Keep enjoying, even if we are not as successful, and enjoy our wonderful free press and fair media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.