Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all you efforts, much appreciated..can I ask, is that Covid deaths or total deaths ?? As I understand it, any person who gets Covid and dies within 4 weeks from whatever cause, is included in the stats. So if Covid only deaths, the figures may reflect things from 4 weeks ago and are in fact likely to be much better today. Does that make sense ?

The deaths are deaths with Covid mentioned specifically as a causal factor as I understand it.

So classified as Covid deaths though not infrequently it will be quite arguable if that is what literally killed them.

Countries choose to be more or less transparent on this and death numbers globally are hard to directly compare for that reason. As you can easily under report if you choose. Or report everything that happened when a person has tested positive for Covid in the past month or two months in some cases. Even if it is arguable the longer the gap how directly that Covid was the literal cause.

We are on the more transparent side of this reporting - one reason numbers often seem comparatively high.

Though not the only one, of course.

The daily figures are a total of deaths from multiple dates.

Of the 494 today only 78 literally died yesterday.

The rest died on various days as far back as Christmas.

This is true every day and I did a comparative post earlier this week to show the difference it makes.

The MOST deaths in England hospitals on any date in the past month was on 19 Jan - the peak of this wave - when the number is 850 If I recall correctly.

Last edited:
We are about 3 weeks behind the curve of the Turkey data that is showing pretty clearly vaccines work.

The first signs of it are already apparent here in the over 80s deaths in England hospitals percentage inching down.

Too early to call it is directly the result of the vaccine but the last week or so of data has been suggestive.

And really this is from at least early January when they likely caught Covid when the vaccination programme was only really starting to roll out.

IF this becomes more obvious over the next week or two we can say for sure the vaccine is working here too.

As there is no real reason to think that it would not.

Though today's data is in and not really helping show that yet - though it is certainly showing deaths going down a lot.
I assume you mean Israel not Turkey, might be worth an edit.

To add to the above post on England hospital deaths:-

No day in February has a total higher than about 560 as of yet.

The five day total for 6 Feb is 418. That is the lowest 5 day total since 3 Jan when it was exactly that too. Five wees on it sits at 440 and added no new deaths to that date to day.

Death numbers have fallen per day almost every day since 19 January.

I assume you mean Israel not Turkey, might be worth an edit.
Thank you. I do mean Israel.

It is hard keeping up with all the posting each afternoon and evening as data comes in No time to edit before it is several pages back. Have corrected it now.

I am used to working with proof reading editors at my publishers. Amazing the things they catch.

The deaths are deaths with Covid mentioned specifically as a causal factor as I understand it.

So classified as Covid deaths though not infrequently it will be quite arguable if that is what literally killed them.

Countries choose to be more or less transparent on this and death numbers globally are hard to directly compare for that reason. As you can easily under report if you choose. Or report everything that happened when a person has tested positive for Covid in the past month or two months in some cases. Even if it is arguable the longer the gap how directly that Covid was the literal cause.

We are on the more transparent side of this reporting - one reason numbers often seem comparatively high.

Though not the only one, of course.

The daily figures are a total of deaths from multiple dates.

Of the 494 today only 78 literally died yesterday.

The rest died on various days as far back as Christmas.

This is true every day and I did a comparative post earlier this week to show the difference it makes.

The MOST deaths in England hospitals on any date in the past month was on 19 Jan - the peak of this wave - when the number is 850 If I recall correctly.
Thank you for that,it explains a lot. Great that the trend is downwards and in effect likely to be even better now than the figures may illustrate. The point you make about comparing our stats to other countries is very relevant. I feel we have been more honest and hence the figures looking worse for the UK. If someone catches Covid and is then run over by a bus a week later it is still included in the stats. I dont know how they deal with that on a death certificate, which relates to primary and secondary causes of death.

Thank you for that,it explains a lot. Great that the trend is downwards and in effect likely to be even better now than the figures may illustrate. The point you make about comparing our stats to other countries is very relevant. I feel we have been more honest and hence the figures looking worse for the UK. If someone catches Covid and is then run over by a bus a week later it is still included in the stats. I dont know how they deal with that on a death certificate, which relates to primary and secondary causes of death.
How many people do you think are included in the death figures because they were knocked over by a bus a week after testing positive for Covid? Do you think it is more or less than the number of people who are excluded from the death figures because their test was more than a month before they lost their life?

I think the experts have said that excess deaths is the best indicator of Covid mortality so I understand we’ve done terribly on that score too, despite the heroic efforts of the NHS.

How many people do you think are included in the death figures because they were knocked over by a bus a week after testing positive for Covid? Do you think it is more or less than the number of people who are excluded from the death figures because their test was more than a month before they lost their life?
I think it safe to assume, that the mention of a bus, is an example, and not to be taken literally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.