Hiking thread

I'm sure Kinder Scout etc has been mentioned already, but I just wanted to add that if you're travelling by public transport and/or you want to be able to drink, a nice way to do it is get the bus to Hayfield from Stockport, then walk over the top and get the train back from Edale. (More interesting than going and coming back from the same place, IMO).

Just so disappointed with the Merrell. They were well over £100

I've been doing some research and will more than likely end up with leather
I'm thinking of just going for a cheaper option and replace them annually if required. I can still use the Merrell in the dry

Merrells were great for comfort but crap for durability.

I wear Meindl Bhutan's in the winter. Perfect.

The main thing to take from it is that boots are of a personal nature as everyone’s feet are different.

A couple of years ago I wanted a new pair with money no object. I tried on everything they had, including makes like Scarpa, but the only really comfy ones were Merrell.
Ended up buying the next comfiest for my feet which was a pair of Hi-Tecs (!) at half the price. They’re leather and you do have to look after them, but no more so than my synthetic boots did.
Scarpa Manta M4 are my go to. They are pretty bomb proof, and I've used them all year round.

I've done scramblesand lead climbing up to VDiff trad in them, plus worn them with crampons in the Cairngorms.

My big toe nail still black after my Xmas eve kinder shout walk and a crazy idea doing 10k at weekend has turned it from an improving purple colour to absolutely Jet black and think I may lose my nail.

My big toe nail still black after my Xmas eve kinder shout walk and a crazy idea doing 10k at weekend has turned it from an improving purple colour to absolutely Jet black and think I may lose my nail.
Wait till you run a marathon, lose more than one... my little toe nails haven’t been the same since my first marathon

Wait till you run a marathon, lose more than one... my little toe nails haven’t been the same since my first marathon

I don’t think I was built to run marathons. Should be ok!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.