Hiking thread

Fat twat...... my rucksack always weighs around 20 kilos on my walks the amount of stuff I take!!
What rucksack do you opt for mate? I take the the straps are heard wearing?

Blackstone edge mate is a good one for little ones, just past Hollingworth lake, Mam Tor and all those in that area are great but you’ll need to get there early for parking as they get quite busy.
Thanks mate, will take a look at Blackstone edge maybe for the weekend, we did mam tor last week, got there around half ten, not a soul to be seen, perfect!!

Thanks mate, will take a look at Blackstone edge maybe for the weekend, we did mam tor last week, got there around half ten, not a soul to be seen, perfect!!
When it’s like that it’s heaven, went up to the lakes last autumn before the last lockdown and did a couple of days walking on my own midweek... no one around and just bliss, watched the jets flying over Grasmere and just sat having a brew, absolutely beautiful.
Blackstone edge...
Park at the pub at the top of the hill, cross the road and go up the track then climb up to the summit, nothing too strenuous at all and nice and easy for the kids.
507266AB-CFA1-4BC3-89B3-49EE6EC4B125.jpeg
Summit at sunrise.

Took the kids uo to dovestones this morning, great little tootle round there, has anyone got any recommendations for any other localish walks with the kids?
They both eight, we've done rivington a few times and now dovestones, was thinking maybe mam tor? Or something along those lines.
As a side post, got to the car park at dovestones at 9.15 this morning and the warden was already out stalking the cars, he wouldnt let me put a ticket on a car he was just about to book as he said he'd already put it through, ffs mahrez for the sake of two quid someone was coming back feeling great from a decent walk to having their balloon well and truly burst
Strinesdale reservoir is a good walk and loads of different routes you can go on, going up to the roebuck and back.

Hiking around Dovestones and Holmfirth a couple of weeks ago. Was a tad cold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223_154951.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223_154951.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 14

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.