Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that anybody gives a fuck but we have just had our stay at home order (began on boxing day) extended until March 8th at a minimum. I haven't worked this year and nobody wants us in their house.
The **** that runs this country reckons I will be vaccinated by Sept. So by my calculations, that will be next April.
Hopefully I don't starve to death before then.
Do you want some Fray Bentos pies sending over?

The problem with this or any plan is recently cases are not dropping. So all this plan is relying on is the vaccine being rolled out with the semi lockdown with currently have. Is that sufficient?
"Likely there’ll be a gap b/w schools opening on Mar 8 and other big reopening steps in case there is a virus surge"

And that inevitable surge among under unvaccinated parents when schools re-open on March 8 is what I fear most.

Not that anybody gives a fuck but we have just had our stay at home order (began on boxing day) extended until March 8th at a minimum. I haven't worked this year and nobody wants us in their house.
The **** that runs this country reckons I will be vaccinated by Sept. So by my calculations, that will be next April.
Hopefully I don't starve to death before then.
The sooner Canada rids themselves of Trudeau the better. Twat of the highest order, crippling the economy.

"Likely there’ll be a gap b/w schools opening on Mar 8 and other big reopening steps in case there is a virus surge"

And that inevitable surge among under unvaccinated parents when schools re-open on March 8 is what I fear most.
It seems as though anyone who works in a Manchester school can get the vaccinated at the Etihad. This is to fill the slots left open by 60 plus year olds who are waiting to be jabbed near their homes. That’s according to Blues on Twitter so I can’t vouch for the accuracy of this info.

ok i understand that and it sounded fine to me a week or so, but cases are now not falling, so the question is would you still ease lockdown at the end of March if we are getting 12000 cases a day?
I think the end of March is 6 weeks away and so between now and then it will depend on data in addition to cases to decide what happens then. I’d hope schools first on 8/3 announced Monday. Then two weeks after that review data and then decide what next. It’s not just about cases, deaths, hospital numbers, vaccines all will help to decide. It maybe that by end March all vulnerable and over 50’s are vaccinated, hospital numbers right down and cases sub 10000 we can open more. By end April you could then have most of the adult population done.
But important to check the data at each stage before further restrictions eased. This has to be the last time we do this imo.

I think the end of March is 6 weeks away and so between now and then it will depend on data in addition to cases to decide what happens then. I’d hope schools first on 8/3 announced Monday. Then two weeks after that review data and then decide what next. It’s not just about cases, deaths, hospital numbers, vaccines all will help to decide. It maybe that by end March all vulnerable and over 50’s are vaccinated, hospital numbers right down and cases sub 10000 we can open more. By end April you could then have most of the adult population done.
But important to check the data at each stage before further restrictions eased. This has to be the last time we do this imo.
There are only two metrics to follow:

1) Vaccination rate
2) The R value.

While the epidemic falls, the SA like variants can not take off. We must keep them in check because they are the only thing that can stop vaccination working. This means we have to be very careful (much more than before) that we don't allow the epidemic to increase. In previous times, peaks were self-limiting but now that we have a vaccine and the virus is evolving we have to protect our route out.

This means monitoring, better testing and phased lifting of restrictions so that we can see the effect of what we are doing. Basically let scientists lead the way out.

If we keep this under control through the Spring and Summer then we can finish it off for good with updated vaccines.

Mate, good to see you posting but I really hope you don't mind me saying to perhaps lower, if not cancel any expectations you've got in your head. You've taken it sore in terms of exhaustion and lethargy, if I were you I'd be getting running out of my head just now and not beginning to focus on that until the exhaustion eases. No time frames or expectations, just as it comes and feels better. You know your own body and it'll tell you what's right.

I'm sure you'll battle through it fella, just take it easy.
Good to see you and somapop have come through the virus. Your advice needs to be taken.

I think you will remember I posted about the fella my mate worked with who had several weeks off work due to a virus (was a few years ago so not Covid). He was a keen runner and keep fit fanatic, on his first day back at work he went for a run despite him being told not to. He arrived back at the workshop and died in front of his colleagues. The virus had weakened his heart, very sad for his family and colleagues.

Sorry to repeat but it's very important to get the R & R after major illness which Covid and long Covid is.

ok i understand that and it sounded fine to me a week or so, but cases are now not falling, so the question is would you still ease lockdown at the end of March if we are getting 12000 cases a day?
Cases are still falling just slowing if I remember yesterday wa about12000, compared to over 14000 last Friday.

Cases are still falling just slowing if I remember yesterday wa about12000, compared to over 14000 last Friday.

Schools not going back until the 8th - that's two weeks yet - if the r is at .7 then that's about 6000 cases per day when they go back but another 5 million vaccinated. Has to be a handbrake release and its going to be steady clearly.

Bored today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.