Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the end of March is 6 weeks away and so between now and then it will depend on data in addition to cases to decide what happens then. I’d hope schools first on 8/3 announced Monday. Then two weeks after that review data and then decide what next. It’s not just about cases, deaths, hospital numbers, vaccines all will help to decide. It maybe that by end March all vulnerable and over 50’s are vaccinated, hospital numbers right down and cases sub 10000 we can open more. By end April you could then have most of the adult population done.
But important to check the data at each stage before further restrictions eased. This has to be the last time we do this imo.
So 10000 cases a day and you would open up as long as hospitals numbers are down, deaths have fallen and the vaccine is rolling out. Be interesting to see if we get to 10000, based on last weeks figures I think its unlikley.

So 10000 cases a day and you would open up as long as hospitals numbers are down, deaths have fallen and the vaccine is rolling out. Be interesting to see if we get to 10000, based on last weeks figures I think its unlikley.
Never said that, you said it had stopped it hasn't yet.

There have already been a couple of days around 10K and one below it. As the vaccine roll out continues and helps reduce transmission and serious infection no reason to think it won’t continue to drop even if it is more slowly.
I said the figures need to be reviewed as each relaxation is done.
We are only just beginning to see the impact of the vaccines on transmission, cases are down mainly due to lockdown but the added help of the vaccines on transmission will hopefully continue to keep cases in check whilst hospital numbers continue to fall. No plateau there or on death numbers.

Never said that, you said it had stopped it hasn't yet.
Well if you look at this weeks data it has stopped. Its only when you compare with last weeks data when cases were higher it has fallen. If you did a 3 or 4 day average you would see that cases have plateaued as heald place observed. Which is the point at which I just questioned whether it was worth carrying on with the current loose lockdown. Or tightening to make cases fall.

There have already been a couple of days around 10K and one below it. As the vaccine roll out continues and helps reduce transmission and serious infection no reason to think it won’t continue to drop even if it is more slowly.
I said the figures need to be reviewed as each relaxation is done.
I hope you are right, but the average seems to have stalled arround 12k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.