Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst we’re still discovering more about long covid in particular, cases are still hugely important. Agree with the sentiment in general though.
Healdplace makes a lot of sense.

Daily numbers while important do instil fear some of it unnecessary especially amongst the elderly.

By and large long covid I am sure will be a factor but no more than influenza in years to come in those with health issues particularly in their breathing and digestive systems be they diagnosed or not as the case may be previously.

He got new trainers at Xmas, a size too big on purpose (at that age)

Trying on school shoes, most kids still need go to get them fitted.

His blazer is now too short in the arms, a new one will be £90.
Might daughter was in her final year, so not lost out on the uniform, but was on her way home from collecting a bloody expensive prom dress the day the lock down was announced which'll never get used!

Might daughter was in her final year, so not lost out on the uniform, but was on her way home from collecting a bloody expensive prom dress the day the lock down was announced which'll never get used!
One thing that has really upset her, (but has made her mum breathe a huge sigh of relief). Sad though isn't it. All that work and they do look forward to that evening.

The number of patients with Covid in England hospitals last night was 14, 137 - with 2698 more in the other 3 nations - so 16, 835 in the UK.

A week ago England was at 17, 730, two weeks ago at 23, 020, 3 weeks ago at 28, 539 and a month ago at 32, 938/

It peaked at around 34, 000 in England in mid January.
Cheers , I was after the total number of cases as I suspect around 1 per cent of cases require treatment in hospital.

is that figure of 1 per cent close to the mark in the UK?

Based on these figures then perhaps 1.5 m active cases is close to the mark which I find staggering given only 4.1m total cases recorded to date in over 12 months.

How on earth do families on benefits or low wages afford that ?
Exactly, and more often than not there is a sibling(s) who needs the exact same. The government scrapped the clothing grant too a few years ago, which hit hard. You used to be able to do it before they insisted on everything having the school logo. And I mean everything. My jaw hit the floor last year when she bought her kids things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.