City_rabin

Rabin turned out not to be a true blue after all.

I'm sorry but I'm very bitter by this experience and I'm venting. I followed all protocol, I blocked, I ignored, I even laughed at the abuse. But it kept coming like a drip drip drip everyday. I stopped chatting with friends and threads involving my harassers, I found it hard because for me the banter was more important than anything else. But it didn't stop. When it came to a head and began to target my pal the Martian the mole...I couldn't remain quiet. So I spoke out..carefully not to name people. But the argument escalated when Ivor came out wanting to confront me..I showed him the proof of his racism laced harassment. Guess who was found to be wrong?

The very same thing happened with Miguel Delaney, the more racism/racism laced attacks the stronger his mates backed him up. Twitter didn't find an issue with it either.

I'm not angry with the racists of the world, they are who they are but I'm angry with those who want me to shake hands with a racist and pretend nothing happened. I'm angry with those who could not find anything racist in what he said and lined up to give him a certificate..when his words were there to see..visit his timeline. Blind faith on one side, suspicion on the other. How many ways can a man telegraph his bias?

When I confronted him he shrank but with every word of support he became bolder. That's a lesson if there was ever one.

How am I a blue? Of course I am not lucky/unlucky enough to follow the club for decades, I was attracted by its success (and Carlos Tevez). I'm not sure I'm a blue not without mates who accept you for who you are. Football without friends is just a program on TV...

I'm sorry this may sound bitter but I am just blown away.
Anyone that defends our club in such a fact based, logical but passionate way is a true blue mate. Sorry this has happened.

I saw some of the weird stuff he was getting from a blue. We all know them, every club has them, the obnoxious bore who only wants to hear his own voice. Always glad I don’t sit next to guys like this at the game.

Any creed, colour or sexuality. If you’re an old fart like me who’s been blue since the early 70’s or someone who fell in love with the team because of Dias, you’ll do for me.

Hope to follow Rabin in future on Twitter and on here.

I'm sorry but I'm very bitter by this experience and I'm venting. I followed all protocol, I blocked, I ignored, I even laughed at the abuse. But it kept coming like a drip drip drip everyday. I stopped chatting with friends and threads involving my harassers, I found it hard because for me the banter was more important than anything else. But it didn't stop. When it came to a head and began to target my pal the Martian the mole...I couldn't remain quiet. So I spoke out..carefully not to name people. But the argument escalated when Ivor came out wanting to confront me..I showed him the proof of his racism laced harassment. Guess who was found to be wrong?

The very same thing happened with Miguel Delaney, the more racism/racism laced attacks the stronger his mates backed him up. Twitter didn't find an issue with it either.

I'm not angry with the racists of the world, they are who they are but I'm angry with those who want me to shake hands with a racist and pretend nothing happened. I'm angry with those who could not find anything racist in what he said and lined up to give him a certificate..when his words were there to see..visit his timeline. Blind faith on one side, suspicion on the other. How many ways can a man telegraph his bias?

When I confronted him he shrank but with every word of support he became bolder. That's a lesson if there was ever one.

How am I a blue? Of course I am not lucky/unlucky enough to follow the club for decades, I was attracted by its success (and Carlos Tevez). I'm not sure I'm a blue not without mates who accept you for who you are. Football without friends is just a program on TV...

Keep you chin up City_rabin

if you get to Manchester for a game, you are welcome to my ticket for all that you have done for the Club and especially us, the fans

Terrible, but those cunts don't represent our true fan base, having been permabanned off twitter I never saw or read it but I certainly wouldn't have defended it.

I know another lad, Indian (his name won't come out of my shit memory after a year, Aki Fernandez or something close to that lol) had a bit of trouble with racists on twitter, think they could have been scousers though.

I certainly don't miss it but I do miss some of the good people, like Mark Mclaughlin and a lass called Sally who was funny as fuck.

Twitter is a useful source of gossip and rumour (the cyber garden fence, if you like). But it can be a toxic place as well. If you're reading this Rabin, you're better off out of it if your health is beginning to suffer. And most blues who are aware of you and your work down the years, thank you for your constant harassing of the media. All the best,blue.

For anyone wondering the recent stalking and harassment was said to be from local City fans who said they had no time for foreign supporters.
Well he must have been a thick **** because it seemed Rabin was the only one out there fighting our corner well enough that all these Irish rag and dipper mouthpieces actually had to reply to try and squirm out of the corners he kept pushing them into.

Although I'm on Twitter and follow you, I've not been up to speed with what's been going on so have missed a lot of it but I saw a few snippets yesterday. Putting it bluntly, that Ivor character is a **** because any City fan who blows smoke up Miguel Fucking Delaney's arse in order to try and win an argument against another blue is a waste of oxygen.

I honestly don't know why any City fans would have an issue with you taking these dickhead journalists to task. Then again, some people are jealous of someone generating a bit of publicity even if they're doing positive things for the benefit of our fanbase which you've been doing with your tireless take downs of these sanctimonious journalists. I've discovered this myself over the past few years - putting one's head above the parapet and trying to do things for the greater good can bizarrely draw criticism from certain pricks who actually benefit from it. And what you've been doing has been for the benefit of all City fans IMO.

I'd try not to worry about the local fan/not local fan angle. That just looks like a smokescreen for the trolling to me. It's a separate topic that is always going to be debated, and there's no denying that plenty of us local fans took the piss out of United's sizeable out of town support for many years. That doesn't mean we don't welcome non-local fans though. It was one of the few sticks we had to beat United fans over the head with at the time because we certainly couldn't brag about our performances on the field, and in any case it was always the local United fans that got upset about it rather than their out of towners. It is a silly argument in some ways though - while I think every club should have a sizeable core of local support and should never lose that, the old adage that it's how you support the club and not where you come from that matters. I know plenty of non-local City fans who are great people, have been to way more games than me, follow us all over the country and beyond, and are a credit to our support. On the other hand, I know plenty of local City fans who are never happy, moan like fuck, and I wouldn't want them anywhere near me in the trenches when things aren't going our way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.