City_rabin

Well he must have been a thick **** because it seemed Rabin was the only one out there fighting our corner well enough that all these Irish rag and dipper mouthpieces actually had to reply to try and squirm out of the corners he kept pushing them into.

There was unfortunately a small element of our support who actually got jealous when Rabin would get attention for defending the club.

I’d actually been a follower some time ago of 1 or 2 of these people who abused him but I got rid of them after some, let’s just say, questionable views were expressed.

And yes, I can confirm they are the totally thick type.

Last edited:
Half witted my arse, fucking part time Wikipedia editors exaggerating people's abilities yet again.
They don't comment on his ability. They report his 'achievements'. Maybe they are linked. I hope not in this case because if they are it would be difficult to argue about his ability because wiki is generally accurate about CVs.

I don't read his work. I don't regard opinion pieces in newspapers as useful. I'd rather read fans views. The problem with media opinion pieces is that the media wants to sell copy hence they have a built-in bias. Journalists know this and they unconsciously or consciously become wedded to the established clubs. An Irish football reporter had to write about Manchester United, or Liverpool, and by inference bash City.

They don't comment on his ability. They report his 'achievements'. Maybe they are linked. I hope not in this case because if they are it would be difficult to argue about his ability because wiki is generally accurate about CVs.

I don't read his work. I don't regard opinion pieces in newspapers as useful. I'd rather read fans views. The problem with media opinion pieces is that the media wants to sell copy hence they have a built-in bias. Journalists know this and they unconsciously or consciously become wedded to the established clubs. An Irish football reporter had to write about Manchester United, or Liverpool, and by inference bash City.
They do Marv, they call him half witted.

This whole thing got me a bit down yesterday when i was catching up on it all on Twitter. The fella that has these views and the people who support him, i get it, you think it's normal and are upset that your club (and maybe the world) are changing. But, and i'm sure you don't need me to tell you, it IS and you either need to change yourself or fuck off and get whatever you think your club should be, from another club. Maybe you can all get together and do what the rags did? Create your own, weird, locals only-allowed club?

The first time i went to Maine Road was with my friends who were white, i was shit scared of going on my own and honestly i felt like i didn't belong. Even when i was in there, i felt something in the air and it was weird. It's most likely not intentional, but there are a tonne of supporters who still think that a football club should be only for them. It's not you don't own it and just because you have grown up somewhere or because, maybe your whole family has been going for generations, it doesn't mean you have a monopoly on City. Nobody in my entire family supported City, not even one person, i didn't know anybody that had even been to a City game until i got to school. How's that my fault?

The guy who is one of the pawns in this, i believe one of his posts were something to the effect of him never caring what foreign reds or dipper fans said, so he wasn't about to start with foreign blues. Why is their opinion invalidated because they're in a different timezone to you? Fucking weird attitude and i see a lot of people online agree with it. I hope this period allows for some inner reflection, rather than a defiant chest-pumping "fuck them" attitude.

There was unfortunately a small element of our support who actually got jealous when Rabin would get attention for defending the club.

I’d actually been a follower some time ago of 1 or 2 of these people who abused him but I got rid of them after some, let’s just say, questionable views were expressed.

And yes, I can confirm they the totally thick type.
Seriously, how immature do you have to be ffs? Just as in all walks of life there are many many city fans you wouldn’t want to spend more than a minute with.

Although I'm on Twitter and follow you, I've not been up to speed with what's been going on so have missed a lot of it but I saw a few snippets yesterday. Putting it bluntly, that Ivor character is a **** because any City fan who blows smoke up Miguel Fucking Delaney's arse in order to try and win an argument against another blue is a waste of oxygen.

I honestly don't know why any City fans would have an issue with you taking these dickhead journalists to task. Then again, some people are jealous of someone generating a bit of publicity even if they're doing positive things for the benefit of our fanbase which you've been doing with your tireless take downs of these sanctimonious journalists. I've discovered this myself over the past few years - putting one's head above the parapet and trying to do things for the greater good can bizarrely draw criticism from certain pricks who actually benefit from it. And what you've been doing has been for the benefit of all City fans IMO.

I'd try not to worry about the local fan/not local fan angle. That just looks like a smokescreen for the trolling to me. It's a separate topic that is always going to be debated, and there's no denying that plenty of us local fans took the piss out of United's sizeable out of town support for many years. That doesn't mean we don't welcome non-local fans though. It was one of the few sticks we had to beat United fans over the head with at the time because we certainly couldn't brag about our performances on the field, and in any case it was always the local United fans that got upset about it rather than their out of towners. It is a silly argument in some ways though - while I think every club should have a sizeable core of local support and should never lose that, the old adage that it's how you support the club and not where you come from that matters. I know plenty of non-local City fans who are great people, have been to way more games than me, follow us all over the country and beyond, and are a credit to our support. On the other hand, I know plenty of local City fans who are never happy, moan like fuck, and I wouldn't want them anywhere near me in the trenches when things aren't going our way.
They have used their out of town fanbase numbers as sticks to beat everyone with for decades as have the media whores who make so much money on the back of it. Small club, no history, all that bollocks and I’m sure it’s not just us that have suffered it. Anyone in the vicinity of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, United would have had those taunts thrown at them just as we have. Fuck them, I don’t really believe blues from anywhere in the world will ever be as arrogant as these chest puffing fuckers.

Have you seen the edits to his wiki pages which have been corrected subsequently? The link is there in the bottom of the page? It's funny as hell...
Half witted my arse, fucking part time Wikipedia editors exaggerating people's abilities yet again.
Twitterer is full of cunts, it's why I came off it.
Amen..

This whole thing got me a bit down yesterday when i was catching up on it all on Twitter. The fella that has these views and the people who support him, i get it, you think it's normal and are upset that your club (and maybe the world) are changing. But, and i'm sure you don't need me to tell you, it IS and you either need to change yourself or fuck off and get whatever you think your club should be, from another club. Maybe you can all get together and do what the rags did? Create your own, weird, locals only-allowed club?

The first time i went to Maine Road was with my friends who were white, i was shit scared of going on my own and honestly i felt like i didn't belong. Even when i was in there, i felt something in the air and it was weird. It's most likely not intentional, but there are a tonne of supporters who still think that a football club should be only for them. It's not you don't own it and just because you have grown up somewhere or because, maybe your whole family has been going for generations, it doesn't mean you have a monopoly on City. Nobody in my entire family supported City, not even one person, i didn't know anybody that had even been to a City game until i got to school. How's that my fault?

The guy who is one of the pawns in this, i believe one of his posts were something to the effect of him never caring what foreign reds or dipper fans said, so he wasn't about to start with foreign blues. Why is their opinion invalidated because they're in a different timezone to you? Fucking weird attitude and i see a lot of people online agree with it. I hope this period allows for some inner reflection, rather than a defiant chest-pumping "fuck them" attitude.
I know what you mean about Maine Road. I hope you find your experience at The Etihad different.

On your final point I have to disagree with you. There are foreign fans and there are foreign fans. Your average foreign fan who buys a shirt to wear whilst watching it on satellite tv and trolling on social media platforms, I have no time for. There are plenty of blues who moved abroad and still follow from afar.

There is another section of supporters who get marginalised. Guys in there seventies who have gone to City their whole lives who don’t go on the internet as they are scared of computer viruses and get their online transactions hacked. I sort out their season ticket renewals for a couple of them. I have participated in club surveys that want to know which social media platforms you are active on, the inference being you be a good blue soldier online.

Do I hold their opinions in more regard to the monosyllabic YouTube comments on the official club channel posting stuff such as “How many likes I get is how many goals City will win by” nonsense?

Short answer is yes. Hop over to the transfer forum and see the posts from FCBarca who writes dewy eyed about Catalonia when he’s from Switzerland. There’s something mentally wrong with these people. If I’d have brought up in Ireland I’d be supporting a Gaelic football team, if I’d been brought up in the States it would be my local American football or basketball team. I can’t understand latching on to stuff that sometimes is on a different continent.

Sorry if that opinion offends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.