Pedro Porro

Just don't understand it. Sporting fans swear he's the best full back they've ever had. We've spent 12m to GET him from girona. Whose brilliant idea was it to loan him to sporting for 2 years and include a buyout for 8.5m? Yea, sure, I get that we have a buyback clause, but this constant "have a player out on loan tear it up and sell him for peanuts" method is absolutely terrible business. The constant buybacks - we've already lost out on angelino by selling him for way worth than he's worth, buying him back for more, and then AGAIN selling for less. Harrison we've lost profit on, but this deal really is unbelievable.

liverpool sell their solankes, their brewsters, their jordon ibes for dozens of millions. pretty sure altogether they must have netted them about 70m, only for those 3 to utterly disappoint and look like shite for the teams that got them. Yet when we have world beaters killing it in other leagues, we say goodbye for so little profit.
1000% agree. We are awful at this. Patrick Roberts has been loaned out 7 different times, never drummed up a shred of interest.

Just don't understand it. Sporting fans swear he's the best full back they've ever had. We've spent 12m to GET him from girona. Whose brilliant idea was it to loan him to sporting for 2 years and include a buyout for 8.5m? Yea, sure, I get that we have a buyback clause, but this constant "have a player out on loan tear it up and sell him for peanuts" method is absolutely terrible business. The constant buybacks - we've already lost out on angelino by selling him for way worth than he's worth, buying him back for more, and then AGAIN selling for less. Harrison we've lost profit on, but this deal really is unbelievable.

liverpool sell their solankes, their brewsters, their jordon ibes for dozens of millions. pretty sure altogether they must have netted them about 70m, only for those 3 to utterly disappoint and look like shite for the teams that got them. Yet when we have world beaters killing it in other leagues, we say goodbye for so little profit.
Had this discussion on here quite a few times.

"terrible business" is very extreme. We are making millions out of very little e.g.
We sold Sancho for a 'low' fee but have secured potentially another 15m in the clauses, Iheanacho for 25m, Brahim for 15m, Gunn for 10m, Unal for 12m, Maffeo for 8m and Suarez for about 5m with clauses i think. That is a good return on players that apart from Ihenacho have barely been involved in the first team.

As for liverpool, The media are addicted to the hype, they can't help themselves and the likes of Wilder and Eddie Howe fell for it.

Remember when Sterling left and all we heard was how Jordan Ibe was twice the player? 18mths later and hes on the market for 18m and Howe can't get the cash out quick enough. Same thing with Solanke, been hyped for years and years for scoring in the youth teams, so hes on the market and Bournemouth again fell for it.

Brewster just the most recent example, was top goal scorer in the WC years back (Foden head and shoulders ahead of everyone..) and is hyped, he scores a few for Swansea and Sheff Utd panic and think they are getting a superstar for a cut price fee. Bet Wilder sat back and thought "I can't believe this, the most talked about striker in England for 28m, what a bargain!!"

Angelino joined for nothing, sold for a fee, bought back, sold again for a profit. What is the issue here, the fantasy figures of 30m are just not realistic.

People seem to think Ferran and Khaldoon and everyone else involved are just numpties. I can assure you they are not, would Txiki still have a job if he just kept underselling assets? I doubt it.

Porro is a complete unknown outside of Sporting, you know we are massively involved in Girona right so that initial 12m we spent is creative accounting imo, he hasn't really 'cost' us anything. We will however get the 9m or whatever in the bank this summer if Sporting trigger the clause and he likely has a 15m release clause to sell back to us or something if he becomes fantastic.

1000% agree. We are awful at this. Patrick Roberts has been loaned out 7 different times, never drummed up a shred of interest.
So Roberts has gone on loan since we bought him, he had a great spell at Celtic and we wanted him to go to Southampton I think for a challenge. He digged his heels in and forced a move back to Celtic, got injured and hasn't looked majorly interested since then and just knocked about. Fortunately hes not cost a lot. We won't make anything on him but you don't win them all.

It's not hard to understand.

What use is another 10m to us? None whatsoever. Well done we sold one of the best RB's in Europe for 18m and now Barca or Real or Bayern will buy him in 9 months for 30m.

Selling him with a low buyback means a low initial fee. It also means keeping him in the environment where he's succeeding, where he's playing at a good level, will be in the CL next season, and has a low buyback clause we could activate in a couple of years with Walker being 31 in May and we can't lose him to other big clubs either, because like with Angelino when PSG wanted him, we can just step in and take him back.

The people running the club are much smarter than you. If you think they're doing something like buying a player for 12m and selling him for 8m because they're incompetent, I'd suggest you look around at how the club is run.

P.S. Harrison and Angelino both made us a shit ton of money, and not just in the transfer fees, but substantial loan fees.

Last edited:
It's not hard to understand.

What use is another 10m to us? None whatsoever. Well done we sold one of the best RB's in Europe for 18m and now Barca or Real or Bayern will buy him in 9 months for 30m.

Selling him with a low buyback means keeping him in the environment where he's succeeding, where he's playing at a good level, will be in the CL next season, and has a low buyback clause we could activate in a couple of years with Walker being 31 in May and we can't lose him to other big clubs.

The people running the club are much smarter than you. If you think they're doing something like buying a player for 12m and selling him for 8m because they're incompetent, I'd suggest you look around at how the club is run.

PS Harrison and Angelino both made us a shit ton of money, and not just in the transfer fees, but substantial loan fees.
sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense.

10m is a huge amount of money for any club, and it does a lot for us, a club that usually haggles about the 10m or so in order to show clubs we're not to be walked over at in negotiations.

What you're doing when saying ah fuck it, you can have the lad for free, is signaling to other team that we have more money that we know what to do with, so feel free to overcharge us (which they do).

First off, buying a player for 12m, selling them for 8m with a 20m buyback is not "selling with low buyback" - it's getting FLEECED. You will end up paying 24m for Pedro Porro to be playing for manchester city, after having bought him for 12m when he was only a potential!

I cannot stress this enough - Liverpool have sold Solanke, Brewster and Ibe for around 70m combined. Porro is a better prospect for selling than all 3 combined. You are going to *lose* 4 million on his sale.

Are you aware that you can actually buy a player and just loan them out, and that will achieve the same outcome you're referring to, of a player succeeding, playing good level, will be at CL, and you'll have a player that you can have in a few years replace walker? Nothing that you mentioned is being earned thanks to the low buy-out that you put into the sporting contract!

The people running the club are in fact smarter than me, however that is maybe the silliest argument here, because what you're saying is that they can never do anything wrong and every piece of criticism is therefore null, which seems to really be a popular opinion on this forum, something I struggle to comprehend, but I guess some people really like that approach.

Harrison and Angelino didn't make us "a shit ton of money" - we sold angelino for 5m, bought him for 11, and then resold him for 18m. We have made 12m from angelino, one of the best left backs in europe today. That's insanely low value.

Ask any Leeds fan and they'll tell you they would have bought Harrison from us for double the price they are paying.

But this is bluemoon, and one must never criticize anyone associated with the club.

10m is a huge amount of money for any club, and it does a lot for us, a club that usually haggles about the 10m or so in order to show clubs we're not to be walked over at in negotiations.

What you're doing when saying ah fuck it, you can have the lad for free, is signaling to other team that we have more money that we know what to do with, so feel free to overcharge us (which they do).

First off, buying a player for 12m, selling them for 8m with a 20m buyback is not "selling with low buyback" - it's getting FLEECED. You will end up paying 24m for Pedro Porro to be playing for manchester city, after having bought him for 12m when he was only a potential!

I cannot stress this enough - Liverpool have sold Solanke, Brewster and Ibe for around 70m combined. Porro is a better prospect for selling than all 3 combined. You are going to *lose* 4 million on his sale.

Are you aware that you can actually buy a player and just loan them out, and that will achieve the same outcome you're referring to, of a player succeeding, playing good level, will be at CL, and you'll have a player that you can have in a few years replace walker? Nothing that you mentioned is being earned thanks to the low buy-out that you put into the sporting contract!

The people running the club are in fact smarter than me, however that is maybe the silliest argument here, because what you're saying is that they can never do anything wrong and every piece of criticism is therefore null, which seems to really be a popular opinion on this forum, something I struggle to comprehend, but I guess some people really like that approach.

Harrison and Angelino didn't make us "a shit ton of money" - we sold angelino for 5m, bought him for 11, and then resold him for 18m. We have made 12m from angelino, one of the best left backs in europe today. That's insanely low value.

Ask any Leeds fan and they'll tell you they would have bought Harrison from us for double the price they are paying.

But this is bluemoon, and one must never criticize anyone associated with the club.
You haven't got a clue. Blueclueless should be should your new username.

Liverpool made 70m on three players. Fantastic, what have they got to show for it? that went straight into the FSG kitty. Didn't buy them a CB in January did it whilst their top 4 hopes crumble around them.
At least the money we make goes back into finding more players and investing in the CFG.

No player is going to join and be loaned out year after year until we decide there is a spot for them, never mind the club we loan them to as no requirements or obligation to develop them.

So we made 20m off Angelino and Harrison combined, they cost us nothing. 20m is bad business now?
Please feel free to show me some news pages that told us Real Madrid were ringing up Txiki with 40m for Angelino, id love to see it.
Or......Only Leipzig were interested, we have secured 16m in the bank and everyones happy.

"Ask any Leeds fan" fucking hell, are they ones cobbling together the pennies to send over to City? Ask the fucking chairman if he wants to spend double on Harrison, the answer will be no.

If this lad is good enough for our first team,you can guarantee that's where he'll end up and im fairly certain the finances surrounding him will add up just fine ;-)

As supporters,thats all we should be concerned with.

I have to say between this and the Gabriel Jesus thread your start to life on Bluemoon has been very poor.

Lots of shouty nonsense but no actual substance.

First things first. The buy back is not €20m, I don't know where you pulled that number from.

Secondly, no, you can't get the same result from loaning a player because loaned players are treated differently by the clubs they are at. There is no incentive for the loaning club to develop a player and as soon as they can drop them for their own player, who they can benefit from long term, they will drop them. It's also not feasible to loan someone for that long - Porro signed a contract with us until 2024. That means in 2023 we'd either have to convince him to sign a new deal (not easy to convince someone to go on loan for a 5th year), or we'd have to sell him. Walker's contract expires in 2024 so that's when the club expect him to be done.

Harrison and Angelino have made us a ton of money. I don't know why you think Manchester City are running a charity, but Leeds have been paying 7 figure loan fees on top of covering his wages for the entire time he's been there. Extending the loan until 2021 instead of forcing Leeds to use their 2020 buy option cost them.

The club is also smart enough to see the big picture. Harrison came from the MLS and like with Aaron Mooy, the club wants other CFG clubs to be seen as a viable career stepping stone. Mooy's agent couldn't get him a loan to a league 2 club when he was in Australia, when City got involved, Championship clubs were interested, and he ended up having a great Premier League career.

We're not interested in selling Harrison to some relegation fodder for 5m more than Leeds will pay, we want him to do well, because every time someone sees him doing well it's an advertisement for the NYCFC pathway. Big Picture.

Loan fees are also why your maths on Angelino is completely wrong.

Harrison came in for very little. We take the loan fees over a number of years. Then we get a transfer fee. Then a sell-on clause and buy back clause. Low risk, good chance of a nice fat profit for other teams giving him the chance to shine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.