Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
These mooted swap deals to dortmund just don't work. Werner is on £270k a week at Chelsea. Dortmund can't afford to pay any player that. They're not going to be signing any top player from any Premier league club, it's out of their budget and it's not how they operate.
There are very few clubs going forwards that will be able to afford any high profile player from a top PL club without said club paying a big part of their wages ala Sanchez or Ozil.
Yeah, I just don’t see Chelsea in with a shout if they don’t get CL. Like you said, would Werner take a 100k+ pay cut? Probably not.

Yeah, I just don’t see Chelsea in with a shout if they don’t get CL. Like you said, would Werner take a 100k+ pay cut? Probably not.
More like a 200k pay cut, Haaland is their top earner on €120k. Besides, they'll probably just use their buyback on Isak when Haaland leaves and start scouting for his replacement when they flip him for a big profit.

We weren't in for Werner afaik. We were focused on defence and a winger last summer and Torres was done very early.
There are news that Pep called him to convince him to come to City. And news that we inquired about a number of strikers last summer too.

I know FFP has removed the boxing gloves.

Roman Abramovich - $15billion.

Sheikh Mansour - $22billion.

Erling is 100% a blue. There's enough out there of him in City kits over the years to suggest it's more than a 'kid supports his dad's team' phase. He literally supported us in the Pearce era FFS. I even heard a story that apparently he had to leave all the City FB groups once he turned pro.

Although, I do think he takes his career seriously enough to not let that be a deciding factor. Not unless he's unsure between two teams, it might become a tiebreaker then.

On another note, it's endearing that Alf stayed on as a City fan. It's possible he's following his other teams too, but he wasn't exactly at City for an extremely long time, so the fact he has a soft spot for us means he must have had a great time, despite everything that happened. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the support during his recovery?

There are news that Pep called him to convince him to come to City. And news that we inquired about a number of strikers last summer too.
There's always 'news', agents know we're an easy link to use as leverage for their clients. If you paid attention to 'news' we tried to sign about 400 different players in the last 2 years.

There's always 'news', agents know we're an easy link to use as leverage for their clients. If you paid attention to 'news' we tried to sign about 400 different players in the last 2 years.
Fair enough, but the Werner news came out after he had signed with Chelsea

Erling is 100% a blue. There's enough out there of him in City kits over the years to suggest it's more than a 'kid supports his dad's team' phase. He literally supported us in the Pearce era FFS. I even heard a story that apparently he had to leave all the City FB groups once he turned pro.

Although, I do think he takes his career seriously enough to not let that be a deciding factor. Not unless he's unsure between two teams, it might become a tiebreaker then.

On another note, it's endearing that Alf stayed on as a City fan. It's possible he's following his other teams too, but he wasn't exactly at City for an extremely long time, so the fact he has a soft spot for us means he must have had a great time, despite everything that happened. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the support during his recovery?
He's a poster on here defo. Just not 100% sure which one of you. Suspicions that it's Guscruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.