Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm sure we wanted to fuck off the starting left back and keep mendy the stiff on 3 times the wages.
I think "get rid" isn't the right term. I believe we wanted to sell one LB, and there were only buyers for Zinchenko (Wolves). I'm pretty sure the club much rather sell Mendy, but no one's taking.

I think "get rid" isn't the right term. I believe we wanted to sell one LB, and there were only buyers for Zinchenko (Wolves). I'm pretty sure the club much rather sell Mendy, but no one's taking.
I'm sure we could have managed something with mendy had we needed the squad spot. Anyway, it's irrelevant to the original point, had Txiki been in for a striker, there would have been a lot more than one name on the list and he would have signed someone.

I'm sure we could have managed something with mendy had we needed the squad spot. Anyway, it's irrelevant to the original point, had Txiki been in for a striker, there would have been a lot more than one name on the list and he would have signed someone.
Yeah I agree with your original point. If we're in a striker, even if we don't get Haaland, Txiki will defo have Plan Bs. We wanted Koulibaly, got Dias. We wanted Sanchez, got Mahrez.

Yep, it still amazes we that people who are purportedly City fans seem to think we're run by buffoons called Woodie.

Yeah I agree with your original point. If we're in a striker, even if we don't get Haaland, Txiki will defo have Plan Bs. We wanted Koulibaly, got Dias. We wanted Sanchez, got Mahrez.
Took extra windows a few times though.

Took extra windows a few times though.
Not really, we moved from Sanchez to Mahrez in the January window, got Mahrez in the summer one. Sanchez would have been on a bosman that summer so I think the plan was always to get him then if needed but get him earlier if possible.
Don't think we were seriously in for a centre back in 2019, we thought we could rely on Laporte, Stones and Otamendi while bringing in Garcia with Dinho for emergencies and LIAN were pimping Koulibaly out to every club going.
Fast forward 12 months, Ota had gone off a cliff, Garcia was leaving, Stones was playing terribly, Laporte had missed most of a season with knee issues and Dinho had shown he couldn't play twice a week. Then we were looking for centre halves and we signed 2.

Stats on Second Captains Podcast for Haaland ...

5th percentile for how many times teammates try to pass to him (95% of strikers are the target of more passes by their team more than him)
11th percentile for passes received (9/10 strikers are receiving more passes than him)
24th percentile for passes received and controlled (3/4 of forwards are doing better than him when they get the ball)

Looking at other top strikers they're all in the top % for these stats.
But he is the number 1 for Goals per 90 and Goals and Assists in the CL, second level for 'expected goals'.

Negative skew - raises questions about his movement and first touch.

Positive skew - he is scoring goals at an insane rate for the amount of times he's receiving the ball, he's an incredibly efficient striker.

Podcast pundit says "it's like the beginning of the terminator movie ... almost every time he touches the ball, he scores".

Yes, and besides that it would have gone against our recruitment policy over the last couple of seasons when we were banging in goals for fun. I guess we just didn't anticipate the length of which Aguero was out for this season. Rest assured a striker will be first on the list this summer. Keeper check, defence check, midfield mmm check, striker (rubbing hands in anticipation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.