Bluemoon's Official Top 100 TV Shows

Crap, can't believe I managed to leave out The Thick Of It from my list, what a numpty! Great series.

Ah well, at least ive seen one of this round's shows.

The Bridge is #2 on my list.

Utterly engrossing, fabulous characters, exciting storylines and atmospheric locations. Don't think I've ever seen a series where the cliffhangers are as good as this in just about every episode.

Series #1 was so good, I was worried whether #2 would be a let down but, no, they did it again. Then, without giving too much away, you think that's the end of the road. Nope, in comes Henrik with a shady backstory and series #3 is possibly even better! Wrapped up nicely in series #4.

If you've never watched a subtitled show - start here. It was the show that finally convinced my wife to watch foreign series and we've watched plenty since. But none are as good as this.

I wrote a spoiler-free analysis of the series for my blog a couple of years ago:-

What's your preference on the re-makes/re-writes that they did? I liked both The Tunnel and Der Pass, not as good as the original but they stood up well on their own which is testament to the original story, I feel. I didn't bother with the US version though.

What's your preference on the re-makes/re-writes that they did? I liked both The Tunnel and Der Pass, not as good as the original but they stood up well on their own which is testament to the original story, I feel. I didn't bother with the US version though.
Didn't bother watching them. Once you've seen Sofia Helin, Kim Bodnia and Thure Lindhardts' performances, how could anything possibly compare? I'm sure they are all good in their own right, but I've no need to watch them after seeing the original.

If they are good like you say, then I agree it will be a testament to how good the original story is. So glad this has made the top 100 and hopefully a few more readers will pick up on the series after following this thread.

Only 6 votes for “The Thick Of It”?! My highest placed British comedy (no.6). Every episode an electrifying hilarious mish mash of sarcasm and acidic invective.

Grange Hill I must admit I never even thought about. The 13 year old version of me loved it though

Only 6 votes for “The Thick Of It”?! My highest placed British comedy (no.6). Every episode an electrifying hilarious mish mash of sarcasm and acidic invective.

Grange Hill I must admit I never even thought about. The 13 year old version of me loved it though
I had The Thick Of It at 4. My highest rated comedy. Talk about art imitating life with what we've seen over the last 20 years

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.