Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this has changed from "we will make him an offer he can't refuse"

"I am sure that if someone else wins the election, Messi won't stay at the club. I have a good relationship with him; there's a lot of respect. We'll make him an offer based on the club's situation. Maybe we can't compete financially, but Messi is not ruled by money. He wants to end his career at the highest level possible."
After leaking his current contract details. Is there no word for 'subtlety' in Spanish?

I don't think our club or Pep give a fuck where he joins us or not. The pros and cons have been flogged to death on here. If he comes to us it will be because he wants to and it will be his sole decision. If he does we will welcome him with open arms and our club will have a marketing fielday.

Agreed. Only thing I'd add is, people shouldn't underestimate Pep's power at the club and his sway with Khaldoon. There is not a cat in hell's chance that City would pursue a deal for Messi unless Guardiola first said "yes, do it, I want him". And if he does that, it means he's got a plan for him, rest assured. So all this talk of "Messi won't press, won't suit our style of play, will disrupt the team" is misplaced. The beginning and end is that this won't happen without Pep's footballing approval.

I think City’s form over the last few months makes this move increasingly probable, from Messi’s POV.

Agreed. Only thing I'd add is, people shouldn't underestimate Pep's power at the club and his sway with Khaldoon. There is not a cat in hell's chance that City would pursue a deal for Messi unless Guardiola first said "yes, do it, I want him". And if he does that, it means he's got a plan for him, rest assured. So all this talk of "Messi won't press, won't suit our style of play, will disrupt the team" is misplaced. The beginning and end is that this won't happen without Pep's footballing approval.

Nail on the head re Pep and our style of play Billy.

Watching us recently, and the calm tempo we play at when faced with a mass defence, it just looks to me that Messi would be the ideal fit, regardless of age. He'd annihilate most of these defences without breaking a sweat the way they sit back on us. I could see him smashing them in from outside the box, and threading through balls for runners all day long.

I don't think our club or Pep give a fuck where he joins us or not. The pros and cons have been flogged to death on here. If he comes to us it will be because he wants to and it will be his sole decision. If he does we will welcome him with open arms and our club will have a marketing fielday.
Only This^

I think City’s form over the last few months makes this move increasingly probable, from Messi’s POV.
You would hope seeing the work that everyone is putting in also would make him think about it. He just has to chill at the top of the pitch and knock in 40 a season. His last chance to be part of a truly special team, you would think that has to appeal to him.

The "6 second rule"
Lose the ball,flood the opposition,basically attacking without the ball.
When they have the ball,they set up to attack,but because of the flood,it pushes the centre halves back toward their own keeper,creating a huge space for the false 9.
Win the ball back within 6 seconds,they are still set to attack and hey presto,we got em.
I'm convinced we have purposely give it away to enforce this tactic....I think we are getting ready for Messi turning up...could be wrong though.
This deal Is going to Feel a lot longer than 6 seconds though thats the problem!:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.