United (H) Post Match Thread

Unfortunately predictable and one of the reasons we won't win the CL.
Don't seem to be able to change the flow of a game when it goes against us.

Like watching a Lyon repeat from last season.
You've hit the nail on the head. Every single City game we all can tell what way it's going to go by the first 5-10 minutes and it stays like that for the 90 minutes.
First time we've gone behind in a game in the league since Tottenham and yet again still never looked like turning it around.

I suppose the important thing is that this is now a wake-up call, rather than a sign of what we'll do in a CL quarterfinal which is what it felt like.

I love Sterling, his positional play and intelligence is the best in the league, but fuck me it gets boring having to defend him when he misses sitters in big games.

Like everyone else, Foden and Bernie with Gundogan in a more attacking role feels like our best team. I'd prefer Kev in the false 9 where he can't give the ball away in dangerous positions.

I’ll never turn on Pep, even after yet another Derby performance like this one but today is a perfect example of why we will never ever win the Champions league or even get to a final with him as manager. Personally I don’t care about that as he whole shebang is bent anyway but over the last few years there have been worryingly predictable performances in so many big derby games and knockout CL ties. There’s a pattern:

1) Talk up the opposition. Include phrases such as “We are not yet on their level, we are not the same size as them. We do not have the history of them. They are a European giant”
2) Disregard the team sheet and tactics that have got us into such a great position and prove how amazing you are by changing a winning formula .
3) Never, ever, under any circumstances play Foden for the full 90 minutes in a game where every football fan in the country knows he would be busting a gut to do well.
4) ALways play Raheem in games where history tells you he will shit his pants and underperform.
5) Talk our performances down publicly Thus risking undermining players confidence.
6) Repeat next time.

Watch out for point one should we get past Gladbach and draw a Bayern,Barca, Madrid. I will pay off the mortgage of the entire forum if he doesn’t use one of those phrases in the run up to the game.
Perfectly put

Really poor performance, well shite infact.

Wrong team selection, sick of making that shower of shite look like world beaters every time we play them at Etihad.

foden looked livelier in the 15 mins he got than the rest of the midfield together.
KDB doesn’t look right, he’s upset the balance of the team since coming back.
We look a better team without our best player.

Southampton is now huge.

Pep Out

Weren't we better when KdB was out?

Bernardo was sorely missed.

Anthony Taylor, you bald fucking bent rag ****.
To be fair our best form came with KDB in the team before his injury. We continued our great form without him. He’s not been the same player since the injury. Hopefully he gets back to 100% soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.