United (H) Post Match Thread

Other than losing yet another derby, in the grand scheme of things, this loss isn't the worst we've had against them. It's their cup final, they overworked themselves to injuries today.

Lesson to be learnt for KDB. Play to the strength of Gundogan and Sterling. I feel if we go for this tactic in CL, we will be exposed. KDB is unplayable when played regularly, but now is not the time to start him because it takes a while to get him back on form. I'd rather him sit out in CL but subbed in when the job is almost done.

Great run of 21 wins (28 in all competitions). Brilliant stuff by Foden, even today he changed the intensity somewhat.

Not as bothered by today's game other than bragging rights. More bothered about how we will line ourselves up in CL and the remaining games in the league.

The worst we have played since December, but silver lining I hope Pep and the team learnt to fix the weakness today. We've got bigger games in the remaining months.

Horrible performance. I could see it coming from a mile away when I saw Foden and Bernardo on the bench. Sort your head out Pep, they to me are our key players. Gundo, Foden and Bernardo should start in all our big games.
Given that Jesus struggles in the biggest games and Sergio clearly isn’t ready to return Pep has got to go false 9 route if he wants to shoehorn Kev into the team.

No player should be above being dropped, Kev will be big enough to appreciate that he isn’t in the first 11 (for a midfield start) at the moment. It’s up to him to knuckle down and win his place back by performances not reputation.

In the cool light of day our run coming to an end takes the pressure off every single game but fuck me it’s the manner of the defeat that hurts. Get beat by brilliance or being unlucky - we got what we deserved today - sweet fuck all.

Jesus, Raz, Kev and Cancelo all well off it.

Need to dust ourselves off and get back to it midweek.

You've hit the nail on the head. Every single City game we all can tell what way it's going to go by the first 5-10 minutes and it stays like that for the 90 minutes.
First time we've gone behind in a game in the league since Tottenham and yet again still never looked like turning it around.

We don't seem to have an answer to going behind against a organised team with pace upfront.

Disappointing way to end the streak against that mob but it was bound to happen eventually - worst thing is we basically rolled over, let them scratch our belly without any type of fight or grit.

KDB should have been hooked at half time, up there with the worst performances for us and shoe horning him into the side for fitness is to our detriment recently.

Also as clear as day that we need a clinical striker, Jesus is great at holding and linking but it's about time we recognised that he's not what we need up top as a starter.

Try and enjoy the rest of the weekend blues, back at it during the week.

21 wins on the bounce, romping away with the PL, one foot in the CL quarter finals, in the league cup final and FA cup quarter finals..

Why then does it all feel a bit shit at the moment ?
Because we all know which way the tide is turning now we have to watch De Bruyne and Mahrez FC instead of the team that looked great.

21 wins on the bounce, romping away with the PL, one foot in the CL quarter finals, in the league cup final and FA cup quarter finals..

Why then does it all feel a bit shit at the moment ?
Getting beat at home by them red cunts is hard to take ......happens too often.

I thought today after the way we've been playing we'd do the fuckers......instead it looked easy for them.

We were doing brilliant till de bruyne came back
A new style of play has emerged for City this season where we don’t just want zero transitions for our opponents, we also want no transitions for ourselves. We are to make the extra passes, control the game and not make it up and down or frantic. KDB is the king of the transition (at his best), so doesn’t really fit into it. It’s the same reason Pep is reluctant to play Foden centrally - he’s too frantic and gives it away. So Kev has to adapt or he may not be as key for us as he has been in recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.