The FTSE

Only reason I bought RR shares was my biggest customer supplies test pieces to them for R&D, they've never stopped throughout the pandemic. The Customer I deliver parts for has had to outsource a project to a group partner because they are so busy with RR, someone with more knowledge could probably hazard a guess at what price the shares could end up if they returned to pre pandemic levels of business.

So as we approach a new Isa year I asked my IFA about using this years allowance. Basically he came back with a mirror image of my existing portfolio funds but wants 2%/£400 to set it up..
I'm wondering should I just do that myself through Interactive Investor for half the cost??

So as we approach a new Isa year I asked my IFA about using this years allowance. Basically he came back with a mirror image of my existing portfolio funds but wants 2%/£400 to set it up..
I'm wondering should I just do that myself through Interactive Investor for half the cost??
Buy @SWP's back a pint, he'll sort it!

You could do that or you could put £400 into your portfolio instead

Advice required please.

I have a Royal London SIPP which is what I consider my ”safe/low risk” fund.

I’m looking to open up a separate SIPP that I can pay a small amount into each month, for example £250/500, where I can buy into some funds etc or have a dabble on the odd share, basically more of a speculative account.

When I considered this about 18 months ago I set up a SIPP with AJ Bell that has lay dormant, but I‘ve seen on here people mention HL among others.

When I look at any of these companies’ reviews they all seem to have plenty of bad ones so there is no standout on that front.

I‘ve tried to look at the fees tables but it’s just too confusing to a novice like me.

For additional context, I’m a director of a small limited company, me and my business partner make decent profit so it’s far better putting as much as possible into pensions rather than giving it the taxman.

I'm not convinced IFAs are worth their money.

This article is great: Stocks -- Part IX: Why I don't like investment advisors | JLCollinsnh

I'd suggest opening an account with Vanguard and investing in one of their cheap funds (Like the LifeStrategy 100 fund). It will cost you way less than 2%. That £400 could be growing for you, not your adviser.

Advice required please.

I have a Royal London SIPP which is what I consider my ”safe/low risk” fund.

I’m looking to open up a separate SIPP that I can pay a small amount into each month, for example £250/500, where I can buy into some funds etc or have a dabble on the odd share, basically more of a speculative account.

When I considered this about 18 months ago I set up a SIPP with AJ Bell that has lay dormant, but I‘ve seen on here people mention HL among others.

When I look at any of these companies’ reviews they all seem to have plenty of bad ones so there is no standout on that front.

I‘ve tried to look at the fees tables but it’s just too confusing to a novice like me.

For additional context, I’m a director of a small limited company, me and my business partner make decent profit so it’s far better putting as much as possible into pensions rather than giving it the taxman.
All sorted. Had a chat with @SWP's back who was kind enough to give me some good honest impartial advice, which was very kind of him. Must have been hell for the poor guy, having to drag himself off the golf course to help out a muppet like me! Cheers Sam, it was much appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.