******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever watched England in the West Indies ? Thinking of going to somewhere in WI next year for our 30th wedding anniversary and would love to watch a T20 or Test over there ? Any advice ?
ps , T20s are in Jan & Feb . Tests are in March .
I'm also thinking about doing this, never seen England (cricket) abroad so any advice would be good

Curran shouldn’t of hogged the overs he should took every run
Maybe but we will never know because he wouldn’t have hit as many boundaries if he wasn’t on strike. If Wood had come back for then2nd run with 3 over to go that could have made a difference too. The thing that certainly cost us was key batsmen getting out to full tosses.

I'm also thinking about doing this, never seen England (cricket) abroad so any advice would be good
Cricket in Barbados is fantastic, great atmosphere made very welcome by the locals, I saw Chris Gayle lose 6 cricket balls hitting it out of the ground a couple of years ago. Be careful where you buy your tickets from the best thing to do is buy them from the grounds website.

can of worms umpire's call ?
some great points by nasser but the Indian umpires on home soil have given India the advantage and not neutral
funny now kohli moaning now because india have to play 6 months of cricket away from india

can of worms umpire's call ?
some great points by nasser but the Indian umpires on home soil have given India the advantage and not neutral
funny now kohli moaning now because india have to play 6 months of cricket away from india

He's spot on there. No one talks about the repercussions.

The key is just to appeal for everything to try and force the umpire's finger up. Because it often comes down to what his call is.

Ultimately, lbw from spin is significantly higher than it ever was. The fact they don't win them all isn't a major issue. You're still only predicting what the ball might have done. You don't know whether it might have drifted off the pitch and missed the stumps. It's an educated system but with a margin of error. And you want a balance between runs and wickets, which still exists under this system.

What makes Kohli such a great player but such an easy man to hate is just his obsession with winning everything. Every call needs to go his way. And in general, the Indians play the game of cricket with their hearts on their sleeve appealing everything anyway. Maybe if they toned down the shouts for things clearly not out, they'd get a few more calls from the umpire. They have plenty of help on the cricket pitch as it is the Indians so they shouldn't moan too much.

He's spot on there. No one talks about the repercussions.

The key is just to appeal for everything to try and force the umpire's finger up. Because it often comes down to what his call is.

Ultimately, lbw from spin is significantly higher than it ever was. The fact they don't win them all isn't a major issue. You're still only predicting what the ball might have done. You don't know whether it might have drifted off the pitch and missed the stumps. It's an educated system but with a margin of error. And you want a balance between runs and wickets, which still exists under this system.

What makes Kohli such a great player but such an easy man to hate is just his obsession with winning everything. Every call needs to go his way. And in general, the Indians play the game of cricket with their hearts on their sleeve appealing everything anyway. Maybe if they toned down the shouts for things clearly not out, they'd get a few more calls from the umpire. They have plenty of help on the cricket pitch as it is the Indians so they shouldn't moan too much.
He gets it wrong a bit as the margin for error works both ways, so the stumps are the same size on balance. I do think the margin is greater with spin than seam, particularly if contact with pad is very close to it pitching.

The key has always been to appeal, you get two plumb turned down, they give the third even of it is more doubtful.

He gets it wrong a bit as the margin for error works both ways, so the stumps are the same size on balance. I do think the margin is greater with spin than seam, particularly if contact with pad is very close to it pitching.

The key has always been to appeal, you get two plumb turned down, they give the third even of it is more doubtful.

It's more the point that the umpire has to visualise a larger area than just the stumps to pick up anything "clipping". So will be giving more things out as a result. Obviously it's good that a batsman can't hide their bat and play anything and everything outside the line with their pad, but if things are to change on umpire's call then you'd be swaying things too heavily in the direction of the bowlers in my opinion.

But yes, you just have to keep appealing for things and hope it works out. It's a bit like the old penalty decisions in football where the cliche "it works itself out over the course of a season" kind of comes into things. I've also seen a ball fully hit the stumps before and the bails not come off, so what does Kohli think when that happens?!

but its the umpire that controls the margin and not technology ? what i don't like is the umpire controlling the amount of reviews you have left in not giving it not out or out knowing you have a review. so if you only got one left and the umpire is clever he can make you use it

i would still like the team coaches to have a couple of reviews as well. because you can upset a umpire or he does not like you and he will give you nothing. just like the tour in india they used home officials and they got the advantage as well as DRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.