Sergio Aguero leaves City after 10 years

After Pep's statement on maybe not buying another striker it makes Sergio leaving all the more baffling. Either his knee is more knackered than we know or he realises his game time is going to be limited so wants one last challenge. Even at two more years his wages would only be 25 million tops at his present wage and in today's market that wouldn't buy a lot. I can't see another club offering more than we are paying him at the moment but who knows? I guess deep down like a lot of Blues I'm hoping for a change of heart from both sides.

After Pep's statement on maybe not buying another striker it makes Sergio leaving all the more baffling. Either his knee is more knackered than we know or he realises his game time is going to be limited so wants one last challenge. Even at two more years his wages would only be 25 million tops at his present wage and in today's market that wouldn't buy a lot. I can't see another club offering more than we are paying him at the moment but who knows? I guess deep down like a lot of Blues I'm hoping for a change of heart from both sides.

I am assuming that the club don't think his knee is going to stand up.

Obviously been out for a long time but seems off the pace recently.

This seems to make sense but you have to remember that Sergio has always taken several games to find his feet and his form and, if he's the reserve, he's rarely going to get the run of games he's always seemed to need - and that run of games he needs to find his form is likely to get longer and longer.

Let's hope that, if he goes, he goes out with the ultimate BANG with goals at Wembley, Etihad on final home game, and Istanbul, winning us a glorious quadruple.

He is already a legend; he may leave us as a God!

He will be showered with all manner of awards driven from the media & pundits if he scores for another teams colours in the EPL.
bKnQ1aE.gif

Pep clearly playing a game saying we are not signing a new striker as we can’t afford. It’s either to tell all the agents we ain’t being bent over or Messi is a real possibility. Either way we will have a new player coming.

no outlay of 100 million + just an increase of what kun was on for messi wages

I would be happy with that, messi would still do it for 2 years in prem & it gives Jesus time to blossom.

Pep maybe just dampening the media hysteria which no doubt will precede the CL games against Dortmund. Also with the mention of Jadon.
Hopefully shut up the likes of simple Simon.

Hard to call it mind games at this point, with Haaland not on the market, Messi looking much less likely, Aguero out, Kane not realistic... there's just nobody worth it for those prices this year, and they aren't likely going to just spend a small sum on a small name to try to replace someone of his stature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.