Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peps comments about a team of 11 players and not the individual in his press conference I believe is aimed directly at both haaland Snr and Jnr. Alfie is on video saying that one thing he has always taught his son from a young age is about the importance of playing for the team......that comment by Pep wont have gone unnoticed I think

One thing I think is probably appealing to Pep is that whenever I see Haaland give interviews talking about games and football, he’s actually smart and more sophisticated in his understanding of the game (for his age especially) than the usual player, and the winning mentality too. Yes a lot of his interviews can get very awkward, but he seems to be thinking about the game as a whole and not just his role in it
For instance

Saw Pep’s presser. For once I don’t think he had a poker face regarding Haaland. Feeling pretty confident after that.

2020/21 Bundesliga

Lewandowski 35
Andre Silva 22
Haaland 21

2019/20 Bundesliga

Lewandowski 34
Werner 28
Sancho 17

Haaland got 13 from 15 games.

I find it hard to believe that he is worth it based in those stats which are quite ordinary for German football.
He’s 20 though. Pull out the stats for 20 year olds in German football history. Comparing Haaland to Lewandowski is like comparing Ferran to Messi. He is never going to be as good at that tender age. But it’s freakish to be as close as he is to the elite, even part of the elite already in the eyes of many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.