Return of Supporters

We don't know what the situation will be with travel and whether tickets can be sold outside local postcodes. The feeling was that they might not be so the London OSC and other southern branches are the obvious place to distribute the tickets in that case.

Edit: we pointed out to the club that people could drive down, park at Wembley on the official car park and it would probably be safer than local fans going on the tube.
It's supposed to be a pilot event, surely that has to involve some people travelling a fair distance in order to determine the effect on possible spread etc?

I don't care how they are allocated as long as it is transparent and the CLUB themselves announce it on the website and we don't get all the rumours and innuendoes!

TRANSPARENCY is what is needed after all that people have had to put up with over the past 12/15 months! IMHO :-)

It's supposed to be a pilot event, surely that has to involve some people travelling a fair distance in order to determine the effect on possible spread etc?
Yes but there are still rules about not travelling further than necessary while we're still in partial lockdown, albeit with some loosening of restrictions. What we all want, I'm sure, is a full stadium in August and the only way we're likely to get that is by avoiding a third wave before then.

The test is around the protocols of getting some people into and out of stadiums safely, plus the requirement to be tested and/or vaccinated, not the travelling itself. But why increase the risk, when we seem to be getting on top of this finally?

I don't care how they are allocated as long as it is transparent and the CLUB themselves announce it on the website and we don't get all the rumours and innuendoes!

TRANSPARENCY is what is needed after all that people have had to put up with over the past 12/15 months! IMHO :-)
The CM reps have just been discussing this and what control will the NHS have over ticket distribution? Ideally, it'd be a strict protocol with only the recipient of the ticket able to use it, as has been mandated already by the DCMS and SGSA. But there's been one City fan on Twitter giving it large about being guaranteed a ticket, which (knowing him) I have no doubt he genuinely believes he has. The source appears to be someone in the NHS (he's not an NHS employee himself) so if people are giving out tickets willy-nilly with no control, it completely defeats the objective of a test event in my view.

Yes but there are still rules about not travelling further than necessary while we're still in partial lockdown, albeit with some loosening of restrictions. What we all want, I'm sure, is a full stadium in August and the only way we're likely to get that is by avoiding a third wave before then.

The test is around the protocols of getting some people into and out of stadiums safely, plus the requirement to be tested and/or vaccinated, not the travelling itself. But why increase the risk, when we seem to be getting on top of this finally?
There are also rules about no spectators attending professional football matches but that one is being waived for the pilot events. If the aim of these events is to inform future policy for mass gatherings I'd have thought that the effect of travelling has to be studied as one of the considerations.

The CM reps have just been discussing this and what control will the NHS have over ticket distribution? Ideally, it'd be a strict protocol with only the recipient of the ticket able to use it, as has been mandated already by the DCMS and SGSA. But there's been one City fan on Twitter giving it large about being guaranteed a ticket, which (knowing him) I have no doubt he genuinely believes he has. The source appears to be someone in the NHS (he's not an NHS employee himself) so if people are giving out tickets willy-nilly with no control, it completely defeats the objective of a test event in my view.
I hadn't heard of the 'Twitter man' PB I was just hoping that the Club, however many/few they get allocated tell us upfront how they made the decision. I realise how difficult it is going to be, it is a bit like me having three tickets for a children's show and having to choose between my youngest granddaughter and my 5 great grandchildren!! :-) (sorry to sound frivolous but I can assure you it would be very serious if it happened!!)

The Club are in a no win situation really. Panned if they do, Panned if they don't!!
Thanks for keeping us up to date. :-)

Almighty sh!t storm breaking out with the Spurs supporters trust.

Spurs have many, many corporate supporters and a lot of them paid inflated prices for hospitality to fund the new stadium. A cup final is a huge event for Spurs, not happened for a while and not as regular as we've enjoyed. So corporates along with ST holders are all aslong the same question : how will their loyalty be rewarded? And how will the inevitable disappointment be managed by the club?

It is nothing to do with the NHS having control, it is Brent Council vetting applications (the Public Health Authority), and if successful you get two tickets. Whilst NHS workers can qualify if they are work for the CCG in the 8 NW London boroughs (not live, but covers 2.1m people), so can a lot of other people and their +1s.

If the club does get an allocation on top of the above it would be Brent Council and national Gov to decide and further criteria. I'm not 100% certain they will allocate them to clubs as there are too many complications.

Prob an equal spilt would be planned
50% points
50% ballot
No Corps no osc as these can and are manipulated
Names on tickets photo ID

edited !!! Predictive Text!!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.