Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

The reality is they are the best side we have faced all season.

Very, very good side.

Thought we were immense.

Thought our mentality was colossal to push for the winner despite their late equaliser. Sign of a collective winning mentality.

Pep was excellent imo.

Kept wonderboy pretty quiet and changed it by bringing Jesus on at the right time and having him press their tiring back four.

I'm so proud of that performance. A proper top level performance against a very good opponent at the very top level.

Streets ahead of the Lyon debacle last year.
Post of the night by a Stockport mile...

Was thrilled to see Foden not celebrate after the goal

He recognizes that the job is not done and we still have another game away.

Overall, thought we were poor today, and we were able to sneak a result, This has to be Ruben's worst game in a city shirt, Rodri looked very off today, I remember seeing a moment when he had to ball and instead of turning and starting a counter, he got pushed around and played it back.
And that is why we must buy Haaland, no one all season has rattled Dias like the young man from Norway did tonight.

Where are all those on here who were calling for Kevin to be dropped a few weeks ago ?
Those in the know said he takes a while to comeback from injury.... And i embrace the fact that i was right for the 2nd time this season. (the first time was everytime I said VAR is bollocks)

I wonder if we’d have looked better tonight if Bernie was in the middle to give the energy, with Kev playing as the false 9, which is what I expected it to be when I saw the line up announced.
We certainly could of done with Bernardo legs in midfield. I though Dortmud had the extra edge in midfield winning the ball and passing through the lines to be fair they made it really tough for Gundogan and Rodri tonight.
Fernandinho is a must starter in the away leg I reckon.

My only concern for the second leg is that pep might tinker and overthink it,we weren’t that great tonight played in patches and some players looked jaded or just off the pace,interesting that Dortmund tired last 10-15 mins ..
Hopefully not and I agreed with his team selection but for the return leg I would play Ferno ahead of Rodri.

41419228-0-image-a-25_1617742376877.jpg

41421308-0-image-a-39_1617745659084.jpg

41419398-0-image-a-26_1617742527107.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.