Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it’s the end point mate. It’s herd immunity as a strategy that has been so destructive. I know you were referring to the former but I have a few (normally quite intelligent) friends who got obsessed with achieving herd immunity without vaccinations.
Crazy people.
They seem to think that you can isolate people at risk but then forget about carers, cleaners, deliveries etc that can take the illness to them.

Last edited:
Agree with the sentiment, but also was listening to a doc from the Thrombosis expert group (not exactly sure what the name was) on radio 4 this morning, and there seems to be confidence that if people are aware of this and present ASAP if they get symptoms then for most it will be treatable, so hopefully much less than even one in a million.
That's good news.
My daughters hospital have instituted care pathways to deal with it over the last few days. The NHS is useless at treating illnesses without care pathways (see 1st wave) so that is good news as well.

I posted the graphs before then quickly deleted them. What is happening, and why? I ended up deleting them because it's highly speculative without genomics.

apparently loosened restrictions, people not social distancing, wearing masks and they reopened all offices

I don’t know why some people bellyache about table service when we readily accept that in pubs on European trips to see City.
Cultural. A legacy of the bar, only introduced in the 18th century gin phenomenon so the poor could be in and out quick, and the fear of being short-measured. Before that table service was much the norm.

Interesting data on testing from the ONS today, 53% of those presenting positive tests in March had no symptoms.

Why they were tested in the first place though I'm not quite sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.