Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting data on testing from the ONS today, 53% of those presenting positive tests in March had no symptoms.

Why they were tested in the first place though I'm not quite sure....

Health workers, care workers, school children too now, are all tested routinely regardless of symptoms.

Probably a lot of school kids in there.

They will if we get new harmful variants but I’m hopeful we will reopen without a major reaction. Good ventilation and keeping social distancing is going to be important iMHO (so I think the “everything back to normal in June” announcement was irresponsible) .

I don’t know why some people bellyache about table service when we readily accept that in pubs on European trips to see City.
I agree with the first bit, but I'm one of those people who cannot stand table service (or tasters, or barflieddifferent topic). I need the physical act of collecting a pint at the bar and sitting down, don't want it brought over to me, ugh.

They will if we get new harmful variants but I’m hopeful we will reopen without a major reaction. Good ventilation and keeping social distancing is going to be important iMHO (so I think the “everything back to normal in June” announcement was irresponsible) .

I don’t know why some people bellyache about table service when we readily accept that in pubs on European trips to see City.

that’s is one of the covid dividends. That can stay in place forever for me.

when it’s your turn to go to the bar when city are on it’s a right pain in the arse can take ages and you miss loads of the game .

nodding to a waitress to come over take your drinks order and bring your drinks to you so you don’t miss Fodens latest goal . Lovely.

AZ vaccine dead in the water.
I do think this will sink the AZ vaccine sadly yes.

Indeed I may consider waiting myself now until they decide (as they will) they will not give two doses of AZ doubling the risk - rare as it is. Must be safer to have another version of the vaccine second on balance of risk.
Is it heckers like.

1 in 10,000 side effects are usually considered low risk for medicines and vaccines; this AZ side effect risk is 1 in 250,000 and serious side effects risk of 1 in 1,000,000.

Is it heckers like.

1 in 10,000 side effects are usually considered low risk for medicines and vaccines; this AZ side effect risk is 1 in 250,000 and serious side effects risk of 1 in 1,000,000.
Every cloud and all that but this restriction on the AZ / Oxford vaccine supply for the under 30s will help with supply for the rest of us. Likewise with over 30s refusing to take the jab.

This might be seen as a self centred view (and it is) but nobody is asking over 30s to miss getting the AZ jab. Plus, the risks are so small and the ability to treat the very rare clots is improving.

The Indians seem very happy to take AZ / Oxford jab with delivery for our 5mil doses from India postponed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.