Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent really been following the covid news much lately.

I was reading that we were to have a asymptomatic test twice a week. Our local testing centre is closing which now instead of a 5 minute drive with easy parking for hundreds of cars. We are meant to driver about over an hour round trip to two small villages try and find somewhere to park , twice a week. Sadly I wont have time for this anymore.
I think the idea is that you can pick them up from a pharmacy or order them through the post. In our house we have 2 NHS workers and my daughter works in a school so we have more lateral flow tests than we know what to do with!!

Havent really been following the covid news much lately.

I was reading that we were to have a asymptomatic test twice a week. Our local testing centre is closing which now instead of a 5 minute drive with easy parking for hundreds of cars. We are meant to driver about over an hour round trip to two small villages try and find somewhere to park , twice a week. Sadly I wont have time for this anymore.
Can’t you just get them sent to your house?

Daily second doses.

DateSorted column (descending) - Apply ascending sort.
United Kingdom dailyUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort.
United Kingdom totalUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort.
07-04-2021 408,396 6,091,905
06-04-2021 186,793 5,683,509
05-04-2021 64,590 5,496,716
04-04-2021 47,708 5,432,126
03-04-2021 178,913 5,384,418
02-04-2021 246,631 5,205,505

Daily first doses

DateSorted column (descending) - Apply ascending sort.
United Kingdom dailyUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort.
United Kingdom totalUnsorted column - Apply ascending sort.
07-04-2021 99,530 31,807,124
06-04-2021 85,227 31,707,594
05-04-2021 40,744 31,622,367
04-04-2021 48,055 31,581,623
03-04-2021 107,886 31,533,568
02-04-2021 107,420 31,425,682
01-04-2021 170,818 31,318,262

I feel in developed countries we've come to the end of our cycle of using adapted Adenoviruses (or similar) off the back of this. They will remain an option whilst they are cheaper than mRNA equivalents, but that won't last forever.

I made a post in the previous thread about how excited I was to see the advancements of mRNA vaccines. On paper they are our trump card in this area of treatment and so rightly or wrongly, we must be thankful that COVID has brought us forward probably 20+ years.
Yep. I mentioned before that Prof Brian Cox (who always stated this wasn't his field and would'nt comment....unlike other scientists throwing their weight around) had heard the industry had advanced considerably through all this.

We need silver linings now we're (hopefully) starting to emerge.
This thread has been very positive over the last few pages today. The cream (truth) does tend to rise to the top and the conspiracy theories are on their last legs and yet another fantasy fizzles away.
I'm looking forward to many new medical advanced announced over the next few years.

With that said, I still cannot shake this bleeding long Covid off. Thought I was on the up and had an eye to run again soon, but lungs got their revenge again. It's a royal bugger.

I have a question.

The government figures always start with...

Deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Does this really mean they all died of covid or other causes but they also had covid?

Figures might be a bit inflated if someone tested positive and then was run over. They would count wouldn't they?

Confused myself probably.

I have a question.

Does this really mean they all died of covid or other causes but they also had covid?

Figures might be a bit inflated if someone tested positive and then was run over. They would count wouldn't they?

No way of counting the deaths will be 100% accurate.
The deaths within 28 days will give a quick reasonable approximation. Some will be missed because they die more than 28 days later and a few will have died of something else. This probably undecounts rather than overcounts because more die after 28 days.
The ONS count which is more delayed is probably more accurate and records what is written on the death certificate.

I have a question.

Our friend died of lung cancer in hospital. But whilst in there he tested positive for COVID. So he counts as a COVID death.

No way of counting the deaths will be 100% accurate.
The deaths within 28 days will give a quick reasonable approximation. Some will be missed because they die more than 28 days later and a few will have died of something else. This probably undecounts rather than overcounts because more die after 28 days.
The ONS count which is more delayed is probably more accurate and records what is written on the death certificate.
Is this how other countrys report it too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.