Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve been favourites for the last 3 seasons so let’s live up to that and go out and play with a bit of swagger like we did in the PSG 2nd leg. Bring all the big guns back, pass em to death, take our chances and at the risk of sounding like Malcolm post a result that terrifies the remaining teams in the competition.

Assumed that we’d play the same side that started on Tuesday, but think there’s a chance that Cancelo could have played himself out of the side with that performance. Zinchenko might get the nod now.
Left back is definitely going to give Pep some headaches, think there's a chance Laporte starts there, that might be overthinking it.

Think the false 9 will cause some headaches too, probably same personnel as the home leg but different positions.

Assumed that we’d play the same side that started on Tuesday, but think there’s a chance that Cancelo could have played himself out of the side with that performance. Zinchenko might get the nod now.

I am not worried about Wednesday (or Saturday) now ... those players rested today were done so with those two games in mind ... had they played today, I'd be very worried for Saturday against Chelsea as being asked to play two in a row with 2-3 days gap is ok, but three in a row becomes tricky.

You're right about Cancelo though, I would have thought he'd also be rested today but let's see what Pep does on Wednesday. That's the only spot up for debate now ... the rest pretty much pick themselves.

I think Pep here is also saying, see guys why I'm not starting Jesus up front or Raheem in the bigger games ... and why I have to play false nine all the time ...

I for one am never upset if we lose a game that we can afford to lose ... because a simple law of averages dictate we won't win them all, so might as well drop points or have off days where it doesn't hinder our quest for the Quad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.