FA Cup SF Draw | Chelsea | Sat 17 Apr 5:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
its says in the mail
a decision will be made on monday about our game

" The FA Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Man City is due to be held on Saturday at 5.30pm and an update is expected on Monday. "

Hopefully it gets postponed as right now they would have one more day of rest and the advantage of playing their previous game (Porto in the UCL) at home, unlike us.

Whenever it gets played it will be an extremely difficult match, Chelsea are beginning to play some really good football.
I don't think you would have made that comment last Sunday. But point taken I can see going to spot shots.

Won't be moving our game to 12 given the outrage initially we were the Saturday game having the Dortmund game in mid week. I also don't think it's so much about arranging it either side of the funeral itll be more that its a national day of mourning and given the president of the FA is Prince William I doubt the FA would want to be seen just cracking on preparing for a game whilst his grandads funeral is taking place. Even a 7.30 kick off will mean hours of preparation before to stage the game so would still run into the funeral times.
Given we live in an age where everyone is offended by everything I doubt the FA would want to risk any adverse publicity or being accused of disrespect. Guess we will find out within the next 48 hours but I would expect it to be moved back to the Sunday and played at an alternate venue which may actually suit us as gives us more rest after the Dortmund game and whilst I agree the world can't stop forever we're talking about the day of the funeral, any other day in this period I dont think this would even be a discussion.
Will almost certainly be the outcome. The likely Sunday kick off probably suits us except for the small matter of the Villa game midweek!

Whenever it gets played it will be an extremely difficult match, Chelsea are beginning to play some really good football.
Palace were quite crappy yesterday. I wonder if that is the team that we face in a couple of weeks. I think the City v CFC game will be a case of which manager picks the best starting eleven with the better game plan. Hope to Bobby Johnstone we have the right boots on the right feet.

FFS I've booked golf on Sunday, I'll be pissed off if I have to watch it delayed live in the evening.

Can't see it being moved to a different ground and as the other semi is already on a Sunday at Wembley I think we'll either be early 11.30-12.30 or 18.30-til late still on the Saturday at Wembley.

Will almost certainly be the outcome. The likely Sunday kick off probably suits us except for the small matter of the Villa game midweek!
Villa midweek isn’t an issue as that’s already on Wednesday so we can play Sunday just fine. Chelsea though have a game on Tue, but that can be swapped with the earlier game on Wed as all three games are on Sky on Tue and Wed and no clash for other teams playing us and Chelsea either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.