Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Raiola propaganda, trust me!

It's United propaganda.

They can't afford him, fear City are in the box seat, so are trying to get their damage limitation in early, whilst also burnishing the narrative no top player would move to City but for ridiculous money.

The author of the £1m per-week wages at the weekend was Steve Bates and that's all you need to know... a United mouthpiece.

Others chancers such as Ornstein then further recycle the same myth the day after.

It's the same shit sandwich served with different bread.
I'm not saying we'll get him as there will be a big queue of potential suitors but you could smell the agenda in that Bates article a fucking mile off - he stated that the only 3 clubs who may be able to afford Haaland are "Abu-Dhabi owned City", "Real Madrid", and "Qatari-owned PSG"!

The million pound a week headline wasn't all that either - far from being just his wages, it was a load of other shite added on such as image rights, personal sponsorship deals, etc.

Exactly. I now see training grounds dominated by kids in City training tops these days.

It's why signing Messi or another worldy this summer takes this club forward again in the immediacy, but also for another generation.

I will make a prediction that within ten years, we will be talked about in the same sentence as Real Madrid and Barcelona and have at least matched United's three Champions Leagues.

if we can win the champs league this season get that monkey of our back we will win another in the next few years! The first one is always the hardest...

I am talking about the alternatives to Haaland there currently slim pickings

Kane would certainly be obtainable at the right price. Mbappe coming on to the market as a possible free transfer next summer also impacts the thinking of Real Madrid.

Even Mane at Liverpool is making waves. I'm sure we have done our homework.

I only see them selling him this summer, not just because of next year’s clause, but also because they most likely won’t be in the Champions League next season.

They are 7 points off 4th, with 6 games left. Their 6 games are against 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 13th and 14th in the table. Whereas Frankfurt (in 4th) play 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th, 14th and 18th (bottom). So they are pretty much done. That loss of revenue forces them to sell now, surely. And we are in pole position imo. So I’m still quite relaxed about this.

The question is, would bringing in Haaland raise City to a point where, in terms of trophies won and profile, we could recoup the cost through increased sponsorship etc. At the prices being thrown around at the moment both in terms of fee and wages, I would suggest not. I suspect Txiki will be thinking the same.

I'm not saying we'll get him as there will be a big queue of potential suitors but you could smell the agenda in that Bates article a fucking mile off - he stated that the only 3 clubs who may be able to afford Haaland are "Abu-Dhabi owned City", "Real Madrid", and "Qatari-owned PSG"!

The million pound a week headline wasn't all that either - far from being just his wages, it was a load of other shite added on such as image rights, personal sponsorship deals, etc.

Absolutely correct. And he only included that other shite to try and make it look like he was 'informed'.

Even Bates knew it needed couching.

I saw another graphic in the Mail yesterday, £2bn - the true cost of a quadruple.

They took our annual wage bills and added it to a £600m transfer spend during Pep's tenure.

That's a big £1bn jump from somewhere and clearly no other club pays their players to play...

Fuck worrying about what other clubs and bitter opposition fans might think if we spend a fuck ton of money on him. If it works for us financially as a club, that's all that matters so just rock up at Dortmund on Wednesday with £200 million and get Haaland and Bellingham. Haaland, Foden, and Bellingham would be our attack sorted for the next fucking decade or so - injuries aside of course - and as a bonus would boil so much piss into the bargain. Oh, and two of those are our own anyway.

Kane would certainly be obtainable at the right price. Mbappe coming on to the market as a possible free transfer next summer also impacts the thinking of Real Madrid.

Even Mane at Liverpool is making waves. I'm sure we have done our homework.
Mane is a horrible little **** but a fabulous player. Had a worse season than Raz, so it's not out of the realms of possibility that they would cut him loose to keep Salah.

Exactly. I now see training grounds dominated by kids in City training tops these days.

It's why signing Messi or another worldy this summer takes this club forward again in the immediacy, but also for another generation.

I will make a prediction that within ten years, we will be talked about in the same sentence as Real Madrid and Barcelona and have at least matched United's three Champions Leagues.
That’s a great prediction one I totally agree with, but who’d of thought after the take over we’d be talking it would take 20 years for the media to take us for what we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.