Return of Supporters

Interesting how the 10k run at Hatfield House and the snooker finals have nothing like as many hoops and restrictions. Both alleged test events.

Not even sure where to start with the contradictions and hypocrisy. Locals go free, City charged £50. Spurs get free distribution, City based on postcodes. Secure trains for the 2 hours from Manc but no restrictions on the tubes thereafter. No children. No disabled.

I'm in agreement with you both that I don't see this as the start of a new order for football fans. You're exactly right that City and spurs had next to no input.

Fan input of any depth was not sought because this is organised by DCMS and EFL as part of the government's Events Research Programme. Research is the key word; it's an experiment to collect data. We're guinea pigs more than the bums on seats. Fans are not relevant stakeholders in the design this experiment, they are "only" the experimental sample. Accommodating fan opinion on the experimental design would alter the integrity of the experiment.

Travel restrictions, the requirement for negative LFT 24 hours before the match, and the pre- and post-match PCR tests are so that the data sample from the match represents what most likely happened at the match and on the day.

How dangerous are public events? We don't know until we do these tests. Those attending Wembley should be given credit for helping get larger crowds back into stadia in the future, which is what all supporter groups want.

I do think it's taking the piss that ticket prices are so high for using us as guinea pigs, and I think the secure travel should be subsidised or even free.

Having said that, I'm going to Wembley regardless. I can't wait because I'm slowly dying without match days. And I'm a thoroughly decent bloke who wants to help the rest of you get back to the place we all love.
Yeah, unlike others I'm certainly not knocking anyone for wanting to attend the game and the whole point in being part of a fan group is to try to influence things so that fans not only have a voice but are also able to enjoy their time at a match as much as possible. The former isn't possible in this instance because the horse has already bolted and the latter - IMO - won't be possible due to all the restrictions being put in place, so this one isn't for me and I will be watching it down my local instead. However, I still feel the point needs to be made that fans of either club have not been consulted and regardless of who is organising this test event, for the EFL to say they've spoken to relevant stakeholders when they haven't been in dialogue with either set of fans is out of order. If those attending aren't considered to be in the relevant stakeholder category then who is? To then hear that some people will be getting tickets for free and City fans are subject to restrictions that don't apply to any other group attending is nothing short of a piss-take. Surely to gauge things going forward and how things will be at football matches in a post-pandemic environment nobody attending should be subject to any restrictions apart from a negative test to gain entry and respecting general national guidelines around social distancing, masks, etc on their journey to and from the stadium, as well as inside.

Last edited:
Just applied corporate getting 265 tickets of the 1750 for local postcodes.
15%, what a piss take. That would be like having over 8k corporates at home which we don't so why are they getting such a big chunk

all i can say is good luck to the blue fans/spurs fans going and hope to god everything is ok before and after
yes we have to move slowly and use test before and after checks for a couple of weeks ? fans willing to put themselves forward for this i salute you. if you can make our great game come back to some sort of normality next season then its a test worth taking and i thank you

I'm in agreement with you both that I don't see this as the start of a new order for football fans. You're exactly right that City and spurs had next to no input.

Fan input of any depth was not sought because this is organised by DCMS and EFL as part of the government's Events Research Programme. Research is the key word; it's an experiment to collect data. We're guinea pigs more than the bums on seats. Fans are not relevant stakeholders in the design this experiment, they are "only" the experimental sample. Accommodating fan opinion on the experimental design would alter the integrity of the experiment.

Travel restrictions, the requirement for negative LFT 24 hours before the match, and the pre- and post-match PCR tests are so that the data sample from the match represents what most likely happened at the match and on the day.

How dangerous are public events? We don't know until we do these tests. Those attending Wembley should be given credit for helping get larger crowds back into stadia in the future, which is what all supporter groups want.

I do think it's taking the piss that ticket prices are so high for using us as guinea pigs, and I think the secure travel should be subsidised or even free.

Having said that, I'm going to Wembley regardless. I can't wait because I'm slowly dying without match days. And I'm a thoroughly decent bloke who wants to help the rest of you get back to the place we all love.
Not much sign of nonsense there, casserole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.