Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Just heard Hamann on Talkspurs saying it was a "scandalous decision" and we were lucky to go through! Ignoring the fact there was a clear movement of the arm towards the ball after he headed it. It was a pen in any era of football.

it’s bollox this idea that if it hits your head first you are Free to handball it is nonsense.

so if you are defending a corner you can head it not quite clear it, you are free to punch it clear now with your next touch??

it was handball he moved his arm to clear the ball and it grazed his head at best.

it’s bollox this idea that if it hits your head first you are Free to handball it is nonsense.

so if you are defending a corner you can head it not quite clear it, you are free to punch it clear now with your next touch??

it was handball he moved his arm to clear the ball and it grazed his head at best.
Or maybe head it, but as you head it catch the ball and run the length of the pitch and throw it in the goal. Touched your head before the handball so cant be given as handball.

I'm a bit puzzled by some on here who thought we had a poor first half. We had a very timid start for some reason, but after Dortmund scored - and fair play the young lad took his chance well - I thought we dominated from that point. At HT and 0-1, hitting the bar and one cleared off the line, you're thinking "is it one of those nights?". But massive credit second half, we came out and controlled the game. The penalty was nailed on....there's no debate. The arm was in the most unnatural position possible and the slight touch from head to arm doesn't alter the fact the ball was hitting the arm anyway. Great strike for the second goal, what else can you say. The best thing about this? We played to our strengths, concentrated on what we could do and never hit the panic button. Players and manager showed they trust each other to deliver.

It should be straight, if it hits your hand/arm in any way its a foul (unless your the goalkeeper)

Wonderful 2nd half display, passed em to death.

It was definitely a pen in old money but these days I half expected it to be VARd off. Early days to say this yet but it seems we’re no longer the victims of biased refereeing - has the ass whuppin we gave uefa at cas had some impact on this or is it merely a coincidence ?

Didn't watch any of it.

Job interview overran and needed to get a run out of my system and a food shop.

Was very nervous.

Glad we got the result.

Aw man, you should watch it back if you get the chance. I had work and didn't finish the match until 3am.

The first half was a bit nerve racking but there were some serious moments in last night's game that made me brim with pride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.