Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Your answer to the question should have been that the intention is to win both, and that's what motivated Pep's team selections. United are not going to win the league. Forget it. It isn't going to happen.

your right they are not but if we have a situation again with the semi final and league game and we lose the league because of rotation they will be back in with a sniff and 5 points would start to feel to close

"Sportswashing derby"

I don't like PSG one bit, but if we fail I'd rather them win the CL.
Sunderland fan who probably has a voodoo doll of Toure/Nasri. RAWK is in meltdown with us, Chelski and PSG in the semis - we're breaking the cartel clubs.

the thing is though if utd were close enough then pep would have had no choice but to have gone strong v leeds, we had the relative luxury of a 11pts buffer, so made the logical choice to rotate.
the champions league is the only stick left to beat us with

i think if we beaten leeds at home united would not have won at spurs and game over done and dusted
we given them a little bit of hope and another slip up will make it even more brighter for them

in pep we trust and united will not win all 7 games and at the end when city are lifting the trophy
it will not matter what points united get even if we win it on goal difference again

Absolutely certain we will lose to PSG at the Etihad but hopefully they will lose by more when we beat them in Paris. Home advantage seems to be a disadvantage these days.
Statistically it makes no difference to results home or away. Some boffin in THe New Scientist told me, via the wife, this week.

I'm a bit puzzled by some on here who thought we had a poor first half. We had a very timid start for some reason, but after Dortmund scored - and fair play the young lad took his chance well - I thought we dominated from that point. At HT and 0-1, hitting the bar and one cleared off the line, you're thinking "is it one of those nights?". But massive credit second half, we came out and controlled the game. The penalty was nailed on....there's no debate. The arm was in the most unnatural position possible and the slight touch from head to arm doesn't alter the fact the ball was hitting the arm anyway. Great strike for the second goal, what else can you say. The best thing about this? We played to our strengths, concentrated on what we could do and never hit the panic button. Players and manager showed they trust each other to deliver.
Post of the thread Jimmy.

We need to stop the inhibited 20-odd minutes we seem to have in this competition.

Gundo admitted to us being edgy and I just don't see why, we have loads of experience now.

If you recall our exits, the games at Liverpool, Monaco and Spurs were all made uphill because of crazy openings or five minute periods?

Certainly at the elite level, you can't get away with it.

Interesting analogy from Neymar today re the Bayern result...

You can be chatting up a woman all night (dominate possession) but then a guy comes along at the end of the night and takes her away in five minutes.
Did Neymar get that advice from his sister?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.