Aston Villa (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt it time of a little trial up front possibly mahrez de lap and palmer cant be any worse than the usual faces
It would be a huge gamble to bring one in at a crucial time of the season. Bringing in two is just daft.

Remind me who the players are that got us to this stage of the season when we were fighting on four fronts until yesterday? To suggest throwing the baby out with the bath water at this time is a nonsense. Thank fuck Pep wouldn’t consider it and be that knee jerk.

My, the bedwetters are really out in force tonight. All too predictable.

I feared the worst when I saw the team for today. The balance wasn’t right and it showed. I don’t think City have the resources to fight on four fronts. No one has!

This might explain why it has never been done before. This season is a particular challenge given the compressed nature of the fixture list.

Maybe Pep realised this and selected a team that would possibly be eliminated?

The focus is now on the Villa match which will go a long way to settling the PL title and winning the League Cup.

The next three matches are critical. Strongish team against Villa and Spurs, strongest team against PSG.
On reflection, the shifting of the league cup final has really, really shafted us this season. Getting that out the way early is why we do so well in it, but it coming 3 days before a CL semi, and a week after a FA cup semi, is almost impossible to navigate. It doesn't matter how big your squad is and how much individual players cost.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko
Rodri
Bernardo
Gundogan
Foden
Mahrez
Jesus

It would be a huge gamble to bring one in at a crucial time of the season. Bringing in two is just daft.

Remind me who the players are that got us to this stage of the season when we were fighting on four fronts until yesterday? To suggest throwing the baby out with the bath water at this time is a nonsense. Thank fuck Pep wouldn’t consider it and be that knee jerk.
Daft, nonsense and knee-jerk - so you don’t like the idea then, lol?
fwiw @blusull i can see where you’re coming from because the square root of fuck all was offered yesterday. I’d certainly be more than happy to see one or both of Delap and Palmer involved in the squad or even team next Sunday.
Duh - sorry, getting my threads mixed up here .. I would stand by the above for the league cup but not for the Villa game.

If we don’t win this, we will be in a title race again which should have been wrapped up.
Lose and we could see the biggest bottling of a PL title in years. We proved that we couldn’t beat Chelsea, even though there was more than enough talent in the field. Mendy Torres and Sterling were an embarrassment. We might as well have gone on the pitch with 3 of the U23s.
This match is huge. If we underestimate Villa, we could end up a laughing stock. The rags aren’t dropping points, yet we couldn’t beat Leeds and then threw away the FA SF.
If we lose to Villa, I can see the rags catching us. Nothing would please the FArce elite more than to see us squander this advantage and have the rags pip us to the post.
Typical City making a comeback????

I don’t give a shit about the Caraboa Cup. We need to win this game. All I want to see is our 1st team. And the players who are in-form.

Given the hard choice now we’re out of the FA Cup, and the quadruple dream is over, the PL title, and the CL, are the priority. If the Caraboa Cup has to be sacrificed next Sunday, so be it, with Palace and PSG to come after that.

Last edited:
I don’t give a shit about the Caraboa Cup. We need to win this game. All I want to see is our 1st team. And the players who are in-form.

Given the hard choice now we’re out of the FA Cup, and the quadruple dream is over, the PL title, and the CL, are the priority. If the Caraboa Cup has to be sacrificed next Sunday, so be it, with a Palace and PSG to come after that.
Agreed i think we have enough league cups in the cabinet, league and chumps league in that order, it could be typical city if Pep keeps making 7/8 changes a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.