The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I'm just struggling to understand the benefits other than cash in the hand of the owners. Surely the domestic leagues would bring in new rules to prevent the clubs in it flexing their new found wealth so it's not like the clubs in it would be able to go wild buying loads of players.

I am glad we are not jumping in with 2 feet. Firstly, we are still in the CL (unlike most of the other teams) so maybe it buys us a ref decision or two in the upcoming games. Noting that the ref'ing of our CL games has been decidedly better than English refs - look at fucking Dean yesterday.

Secondly, let's keep our leverage and use it to ensure we have some say in how this is structured and run. Otherwise it will be Scum, Scousers and a couple of others dictating terms and we will be price-takers

Ok, yep. But we’d never be allowed to match the spending of certain other English clubs. And a 55% limit to me telegraphs that this is all about certain ownerships maximising their profits.
How could you enforce a cap on spending on transfers that only applied in the Euro Superleague? This breakaway league is not replacing the PL which will carry on as usual. So why would we agree to a spending cap which will also impact on our PL squad. It doesn't make any sense.
That said I am not a fan of the UEFA proposals which are totally corrupt and I can think of many reasons why breaking away from the UEFA crooks would be a good idea. The appointment of Tebas on its own is reason enough.

Won`t affect the domestic leagues it seems and that`s the only thing I care about
It’s BS as far as I’m concerned, how can it be fair that clubs who haven’t been invited can potentially see their domestic rivals receiving an additional £300m each in revenue. Especially the likes of Leicester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.