The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
There’s currently only 3 leagues involved, including a shit Italian league and a Spanish league that is currently falling apart. It’s only the inclusion of half a dozen English sides that makes this even remotely a thing. If City and Chelsea had joined with Bayern and PSG to denounce this, how super could this Super League actually be when three of the remaining English sides involved are struggling to finish top 4 domestically?

No doubt, Bayern and PSG will now be forced to get involved, but I feel there was enough clubs to have been able put a stop to this.
I don't know. I hope the facts will come out from deputable people so we can decide to what degree City should be blamed. I doubt we can trust what will come out though. I'm sure that we'll end up being blamed more than Liverpool for example. The BS will be mighty.

Think you're all mad.

UEFA?

Fuck them.

Their corruption and conflicts of interest are blatant and not so much entrenched as self-renewing. The legal structure is too resilient in exactly the wrong ways - and the whole is fit only as a vehicle for abuse by greedy individuals and other actors.
You think this American Circus will be better? You haven’t seen anything yet.

City needs to survive

we could survive and thrive outside of this poorer in a domestic league.........could mean reduced money but ffs this fucking land grab at the expense of everything else over money destroys us. If we go along with this then we are a big 6 of arseholes and no true blue wants a part of this

Six clubs in PL automatically qualify for the super league even if one finishes say 10th? and three or more clubs finish above them and dont qualify for the super league. This will make a complete mockery of the PL as a competition. Why would you bother playing your best players in the PL if you have already qualified, just play a weakened side and rest players for the European games?? Surely this cant be right, I must be having a bad dream. To say im gutted is an understatement. total joke.

Last edited:
They can start fresh. And they have the owners and executives up front. They aren't hiding endless corruption behind friendly well known faces like Platini, Rumennigge, whoever. UEFA is a massive gravy train. It only protects 'the structure' of football in as much as it wants to retain complete control and authority. They absolutely have no interest in the grass roots except they keep it all under the same umbrella and that's what gives them total authority and a 'moral' case for their authority.

Hahahahaha and this isn't a gravy train? No it's more like a gravy Ice Breaker. Real Madrid are already getting more money than anyone else cos it was their presidents idea. This will be gravy like you've never seen before.

I do wonder whether the clubs involved anticipated this level of backlash. And if so, what is their gameplan from here on out? Hope it'll all blow over or is there something else to come out of this (for better or worse)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.