The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Ha, this is actually funny because a few pages back somebody was complaining that only Liverpool and United fans were being interviewed and they were mad that they were presenting it like City fans didnt care
Yep, a weird take. Every fan who is against this should be 100% in Kevin Parker’s corner for speaking out about this. The more air time that fan groups of all clubs involved get, the better

Woodward stepped down from UEFA, this is moving fast, even if it gets binned they shouldn’t put them back in. This could derail the whole season.

Go to bed with UEFA or go to bed with the Glazers.

Don't think this is going to happen, UEFA will have to give in and give whatever the clubs want.

Being driven by Barca and Real, both with eye watering debt, Italian clubs who cant compete and American owners who want to establish a true global soccer franchise system. They are blinded by the NFL, NBA etc. It’ll start with the first 15 franchise holders and then others will be able to buy their way in in the future, paying big licence fees which will be shared around the original cartel.

Fast forward 10 years and Barca, Real etc will still be broke. They’ve competed in the current champions league, the richest club competition in the world, forever and they’re hundreds of millions in debt. Football can’t help itself. Expenditure always exceeds income.
The only winners will be players/ agents as more money paid to clubs only ever leads to transfer fee/ wage inflation.

I hate the idea of it but the fact is this is where football is going and it has never been driven by city or any of the clubs. The money hasn't been with fans for decades, it really doesn't matter today if the fans turn up or not. How many clubs have gone bust at this time where no fans can go in the stadiums? The power in these leagues and in football is now with the sponsors and it's the sponsors driving the demand for these leagues.

The only difference here is instead of a footballing body deciding and creaming off the sponsorship money, the clubs have realised they can form their own league and take all of that money for themselves. The fans will still get shafted no matter what happens. UEFA, FIFA and the PL are only miffed because their pie has been taken away from them, they couldn't care less about the fans otherwise they wouldn't have treated the fans so badly over the last 30 years.

I mean for christ sake, if fans are allowed in the stadiums and we get to the CL final then only 40% of the stadium will contain city or the opposition fans!! The rest will be the corporate brigade! It's a load of tosh and I really couldn't care less if city participate in this or not because I'll support them either way.

As many have said, this is just about who you get in bed with, there isn't a right answer.

people slagging off City need to open their eyes. what choice did they have ? we could rebel and win a meaningless premier league every year . we'd earn fuck all. we certainly won't sign the likes of KDB. we have to go with this to stay relevant . we of all clubs don't need this money but we do need the sporting challenge .
These terrible takes will grow and grow. Emotions will die down. Fans will shrug. Eventually a super league will be formed and billionaires will get richer.
Fans have a choice right now, in this moment. You’re either with it or against it.

They are basically sticking two fingers up to the fans who gave them a viable club in the first place... If they want more money from the happy clappers with their cameras at games then they can fuck off.....

I'm really sad to say that if this proposal comes to fruition then I'm out

If we get kicked out of the PL, or start to treat it like a secondary competition, I'm definitely out. If they can come to some compromise that gives every team a fair shot at qualifying for this Super League I won't be thrilled but I'll stick around as long as games are still played at the home stadiums of the respective teams.

people slagging off City need to open their eyes. what choice did they have ? we could rebel and win a meaningless premier league every year . we'd earn fuck all. we certainly won't sign the likes of KDB. we have to go with this to stay relevant . we of all clubs don't need this money but we do need the sporting challenge .

Every club will use the 'what choice did we have' excuse. They'll all claim they didn't want to join but had to because everyone else did.

We're just as guilty as the rest of the clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.