The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
You're probably right but all 6 want throwing out otherwise they'll have succeeded in their blackmail to the cost of the smaller clubs. This is exactly the consequence of UEFA pandering to the G14 instead of facing them down and running football in a more equitable and fair manner. They have been encouraged to the point where they think they can hold a gun to the head of the football world for their own selfish, greedy ends. They have to be dealt with firmly, now, for the good of football as a whole into the future..

Had an interesting conversation with someone I take a good deal of notice of.

The American owned clubs/Barca and Madrid don't have much say in this matter. They always say follow the money...

The power play is not by the clubs, but by the American banks that hold huge amounts of their debt.

Covid has accelerated the concerns of when United, Liverpool and Arsenal can start paying this down more quickly.

JP Morgan and others are essentially paying themselves, fronting the cash for the formation and knowing it is coming straight back to them to pay down those huge debt piles.

They have also made sure these revenue streams last long after the clubs have paid back their debts.

City and Chelsea were seemingly between a rock and hard place of what best served their own interests.

He has a point.

But let's not pretend this **** hasnt made mad coin out of working for a company who have been complicit in "carving the game up" money wise for the past 30 years.

I didnt see him crying his ring up then the hypocritical ****.
If Salford were invited in would be say no? If he was playing today for the Rags would he resign without pay?

He called the owners bottle merchants. Well I don't see any player's immediately quitting over this. They are probably busy negotiating pay rises as I write this.

2 completely different things fella. We got to where we are through investment yes, but the investment allowed us into the CL through sporting merit, which is how football has always been run.

If I understand your posts correctly, you’re in agreement that sporting merit shouldn’t be taken into account & you’re happy that football should be a closed shop for 15 clubs who make the most money?

Or have I misunderstood your posts?
No, I don't agree it should be this way, but if it is going to be that way for the club, and the good of the club, then so be it. I certainly won't be scouring various parts of Manchester to build a stadium out of pallets and opening it with some fucking shitty open day for all things honkey dory.

Precisely this. There’s no amount of solidarity payment these greedy clubs will make which can offset being permanent 2nd class citizens. What are Everton worth today after this news? Leicester?

If history actually mattered to these goons and we were inventing a time machine to throw the clock back to some other time when a club like AC Milan mattered then why the fuck are Ajax on the outside of this? Porto or Benfica?
Lyon's share price dropped this morning on the back of this news and they might be the second French club mentioned for all we or anyone else knows, I imagine the definite outs like Everton and Leicester will have been worse.

The economics are with the Real Madrid, barcelona, Manchester United and Liverpool because everyone wants to watch them on TV and that generates commercial income.

However, we do not live in a world where corporations get to entirely dictate events. Capitalism is regulated by the state and I find it difficult to believe that this will be allowed to happen. I think we played a watching brief but we joined them in the end.

I would have liked it had City resisted this but perhaps that is looking at this with a supporters eyes. One of our owners is an American investment trust. Our owners are in this for money.

There is now a complete disconnect between the ethics of the game and the economics and the biggest clubs as usual want the biggest piece of pie. I feel that national governments and regulators will not allow this to happen so I am surprised that City joined up. You don't join a doomed and politically damaging initiative but join we did.
This is a classic case of killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

No, I don't agree it should be this way, but if it is going to be that way for the club, and the good of the club, then so be it. I certainly won't be scouring various parts of Manchester to build a stadium out of pallets and opening it with some fucking shitty open day for all things honkey dory.
So if it’s good for City but bad for football, you’re happy to back it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.