The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Joining snakes at the cost of domestic football, you know what mosts blues love , is neither big nor clever
I'm going to let you figure out the irony in that post but I'll give you a clue, we are 3 games from winning it.

Admittedly I haven't read every comment on this thread so I would be happy to be corrected. Having read the club's statement it looks to be the breakaway clubs are in conflict with the Champions League/EUFA, nothing else so far as the club's are concerned. An organisation that has been vindictive towards City for a decade and creamed off the majority of the revenues from the CL. City and the others are still looking to play in the PL or their respective national leagues. The threat against us doing that comes from EUFA who want to hang onto their cash cow and the PLteams not involved. This includes several who very recently wanted us docked points/chucked out etc. What's so wrong with City continuing with the PL and an alternative competition to the CL and one that EUFA have no control over?
If that‘s the extent of your understanding, mate, you do need to read up on the thread.

This word that names certain fans as "legacy."
That's the word we use at work to describe the old "legacy" benefits that are being phased out and no longer seen as fit for purpose for the modern world.
Lovely :-(

TV football needs a crowd so they will have to make it attractive for local fans to attend, especially in an era of restricted foreign travel. It will be interesting to see our next season ticket prices (assuming we can still play somewhere)

This is how it works in US sports — if the local market rejects the product you declare the market impossible and move to a different city. Usually you get 3 or 4 cities in competition and you force them to give you sweetheart deals to come

Our owners have made a stratetic decision and you know what our investors from ADUG, China or Silver Lake want, it's maximum return on investment. Swallow that and think again.

We have joined the boat, with Glazers, Agnelli and the sorts we despised so much.

What does it mean for us now?
We have ignored what other fans have said to us. We said we want to have the same chance like the old guard, and FFP was unfair.

Now we want even more. Why? Why do we want more? What for?
Aren't we in a leading position already?
We have no choice? Ah well, the old excuse. Not our fault.

Our owners will go the legal road, as we did before.
Our legal team will be joined by JP MOrgan's and Glazer's legal teams. Poor UEFA. Poor FA's.

Soon we will talk about CAS and we all know the outcome.

Global investors are going for the next level and they will be tough.
Bottom line, football fans want emotions and investors want return on investment.

Football fans have a difficult choice to make.
The government will not allow this to go ahead.They will legislate if necessary. They know how unpopular this is!

I know the answer is "greed", but I just can't get over how good the English teams already had it and they've gambled it all on an even bigger piece of the pie. Premier League is one of the most valuable in the world, "brand" recognition across the world with markets still to develop, 6/7 teams already allowed in two/three European cup competitions. The Spanish clubs are broke because they are a basket case, but we were one of the best managed clubs in world football and we're going all in with the clubs that tried to stab us in the back less than a year ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.