The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Scummy cunts. Our players and staff worked incredibly hard for that title so for those bellends to even jokingly claim our title is a disgrace. Kind of disrespect and lack of dignity that created this problem for them in the first place.

We didn't win the 2014/15 title, it was Chelsea.

I agree that both alternatives as contemplated now are poor, with neither 100% merit-based in rule.

But here's the difference: the ESL is the inevitable step in the direction of a permanently closed league in which City play against only those clubs in that league. Not today, but eventually.

Why? Because a permanently closed league can recycle every last drop of revenue among its members, with no leakage to and no sharing with the rest of the professional game.

Obviously that's not how the ESL is currently contemplated -- what with 5 "open slots" and solidarity payments -- but it's what the owners would quite logically want. They want to blow up the entire pyramid structure and replace it with a closed system, as in America.

That’s a very fair supposition mate, and you’re probably right on the ESL end game.

I guess after years of our club being viciously attacked and undermined at every turn by this exact entity for nothing more than an owner investing in his business, I have a lot less trust in the integrity of UEFA, Gill (who is still part of UEFA, let’s remember) Bayern, Rummenigge, Dortmund, Watzke, PSG and al-Khelaifi than most people on here seem to.

You could just as easily surmise the end game of UEFA as being exactly the same as your version with the ESL given their ‘first steps’ in that direction - and with the shysters involved, I’d imagine you’d be right.

Solhekol on ssn
“Now the anger of the 14 clubs, now this is really important, it’s not directed at the six premier league clubs.
These 14 clubs have nothing against Arsenal, Spurs, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea”
Think you forgot someone there you twat.
If it’s that important you’d think he’d at least get it right.
Never liked that smarmy ****.
He got it spot on. They don’t like us.

However bad we might make them look, we've hardly covered ourselves in glory here. If this is part of some devious master plan then it'd better be a bloody good one.
Master plan? Don't think so mate. Monumental fuck up far more probable. Given everything we know these clubs have thrown at us I find it increasingly incredible that we would put our names to this. It was probably our biggest ever opportunity to change the narrative around our club and our owners have shot themselves in both feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.