The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Anyone who is against ESL, check the new Uefa CL format from 2024 in details.. Not that much difference believe me...

maybe not as sterile closed shop as ESL (but we did not know the exact format of it, is there any relegation, how teams are choosen to play in in apart from founders etc) but hardly one that will make you think ohh this is such a fair competition.

its actually less fair than current 32 team format. media played a masterstroke to hide the new CL format under the carpet with special privileges for cartel clubs etc.
Not much difference? The difference is having to leave the PL, FA cup, League cup to be a part of it, plus the sanction's on our players. You guys who support this esl, just don't get it do you?

Ahhh St Gary of Neville....
When he was on the rag payroll at the height of the Glazer Out campaign where was he then?
He used Sky TV (to vent about this new ESL) who employ him. Sky would have lost out big time if the plans had gone ahead.
Neville, along with his mates and a multi-billionaire own Salford City - a club with admirable ambitions to rise up in the leagues - plans that could have been scuppered had the ESL taken place.

So no hint of self interest whatsoever.
Where was his morals for the game when the rags pulled out of the FA cup when he was a player?

Carragher and Neville talking like this is all over. I think they have seriously misjudged the will of the Yanks here. Real and Barca arguably don’t have anything to lose here, and while they and £4bn are still in play, the Yanks won’t let this go lightly.
I think they’re a few hours behind the rest of us. Probably unaware they’re all in a meeting right now.

I think this still goes ahead without City, Chelsea and eventually Spurs will come back into the fold. The American owned clubs love this idea, its always been there end goal. Real Madrid and Juve are too heavily involved to back down and Juve burnt bridges with Serie A this morning. Inter and Milan are heavily in debt and have been in ruin for years so naturally they will go along and I guess Barca and Atleti need Real more than they need La Liga.
Same here. Think if enough clubs are left they will still go through with it. Be interesting to see how this pans out.

Can the Spanish league kick them out? It's not like the rest of the league get anything from the big two (three) anyway, they'd actually do themselves a favour getting rid of the big two to play Milan 6 times a year. They'd be broke but they're broke as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.