The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Glad it's collapsing got issues with a trouble making neighbour now.please all switch to off topic and give me some advice

I think we’ve come out of this very well. We will get an apology and the master plan will never be revealed. What a time to be a City fan
LOL nonsense, a total PR disaster from start to finish and we were very much on the outside of this and not an instigator.

For that reason alone, it makes this even worse for us, it's not as we needed the money unlike the red yank clubs, shameful decision and one that will hurt us and has damaged 12 hard years of work , dedication and investment.

Word is from my man.

Pep is seriously unimpressed with this, City were pushed into it, the club panicked as the others had signed up.

Direct quote " These things seldom end as they begin"
Oh my man was right!

Indeed "these things seldom end as they begin"

Pep's unhappiness at it marks him out as a man of decency and as a man of the people/fans, thankfully he stood up and said so.

That's because you want to believe it.

City have known for months what they have been battling against.

Ask yourself who has benefited the most from this last 48 hours, who has been removed from positions of power?

We are owned by people who do political strategy for a day job, do you think they aren't prepared to take a bloody nose to achieve their objectives?

We signed up to the rules of FFP, even though we didn't agree with them.

We took a pinch and decided to pay the fine to play the long game.

We did back deals with Platini and Infantino.

Cerefin has been an ally of City for a good length of time.

If you don't believe City aren't capable of doing some very deep shit, then I can't persuade otherwise.
Well said Tolm.

Kill two birds with one stone. City and Cerefin knew this was coming. We ‘reluctantly’ were dragged into it, and then killed it off. We have effectively pulverised the hopes of the Spanish/Italian axis, and killed off the financial escape route for our league rivals. We can now continue with developing our sustainable business model, while the others flounder.

If this was the intent by Cerefin and City, then that’s a pretty good outcome for a slightly bloody nose!

Oh my man was right!

Pep's unhappiness at it marks him out as a man of decency and as a man of the people/fans, thankfully he stood up and said so.
Pep is a football man, and as such, is a man of pride, passion, competition and respect, this abortion of an idea had none of those morals and the people who thought up the idea are and will never be football people.

Oh my man was right!

If what were hearing about City making it known early in the afternoon, means Pep was aware we were backing out, which is why he was so vocal I reckon. Although as you say man of decency, so yeah probably will have still stuck it to everyone.
Pretty much challenging uefa to get its act together.

That's because you want to believe it.

City have known for months what they have been battling against.

Ask yourself who has benefited the most from this last 48 hours, who has been removed from positions of power?

We are owned by people who do political strategy for a day job, do you think they aren't prepared to take a bloody nose to achieve their objectives?

We signed up to the rules of FFP, even though we didn't agree with them.

We took a pinch and decided to pay the fine to play the long game.

We did back deals with Platini and Infantino.

Cerefin has been an ally of City for a good length of time.

If you don't believe City aren't capable of doing some very deep shit, then I can't persuade otherwise.
So are you saying UEFA knew what we were doing in terms of going the 14? and we were their inside man, sort of speak?

I agree with your comment about Cefrin, he always seemed to want to help us and appreciated our club and what we have done.

But the notion we reluctantly joined is irrelevant, we joined with the devil.

LOL nonsense, a total PR disaster from start to finish and we were very much on the outside of this and not an instigator.

For that reason alone, it makes this even worse for us, it's not as we needed the money unlike the red yank clubs, shameful decision and one that will hurt us and has damaged 12 hard years of work , dedication and investment.
Agreed!

Failure to read the room has given our detractors all the reason they need to continue with the abuse. And now we don't have a defensive leg to stand on.

1st out, ok, but the greed clubs have infected us.

The club need to do something pro-active sharpish to get folks back on side.

Well said Tolm.

Kill two birds with one stone. City and Cerefin knew this was coming. We ‘reluctantly’ were dragged into it, and then killed it off. We have effectively pulverised the hopes of the Spanish/Italian axis, and killed off the financial escape route for our league rivals. We can now continue with developing our sustainable business model, while the others flounder.

If this was the intent by Cerefin and City, then that’s a pretty good outcome for a slightly bloody nose!
When Ceferin offers City a place at the big table I will truly believe this.
For now, I'm sticking with we reluctantly entered an agreement, realised the connotations in terms of being a second tier team in SL due to our small world wide appeal and potential impact on the CFG/business model, saw the universal reaction from the public, and thought what the fucking he'll are we doing. Get the fuck out ASAP and get Ceferin on the phone, see if we can get out of this shitshow smelling at least of roses, even dead ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.