The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Agreed!

Failure to read the room has given our detractors all the reason they need to continue with the abuse. And now we don't have a defensive leg to stand on.

1st out, ok, but the greed clubs have infected us.

The club need to do something pro-active sharpish to get folks back on side.
Back on side?

They don't need to do anything of the kind. If people are too offended by this that they see the club in a different light, that's their issue. The club don't have to do a god damn thing to appease them.

Agreed!

Failure to read the room has given our detractors all the reason they need to continue with the abuse. And now we don't have a defensive leg to stand on.

1st out, ok, but the greed clubs have infected us.

The club need to do something pro-active sharpish to get folks back on side.
1/2 price season tickets, whatever.

Show the fans some respect, you stabbed us in the back, you backed the clubs who have tried to destroy you as soon as you became a threat, how on earth could you do that?

The more I think of this, the more angry it makes me about what our club were thinking about joining this rabble.

I thought this club was bought as PR for Abu Dhabi , so why sell your very soul to the devil, it's not as if we need money.

Back on side?

They don't need to do anything of the kind. If people are too offended by this that they see the club in a different light, that's their issue. The club don't have to do a god damn thing to appease them.
So this episode is good for the club?

Please.... a total PR disaster for a club that had seriously bad PR in it's home country to start with.

For the red shirts this will cause collateral damage and in my opinion all of those clubs will have new owners and quickly, but for us and Chelsea a PR disaster that will take a lot of time and effort to eradicate.

And to think the PL appointed a chief exec endorsed by the rags and dippers.
Hopefully this episode leads to big changes in PL and UEFA governance

Back on side?

It's this kind of dismissive attitude which saw the Super League, which you were quite vocally in support of, fall flat on it's face.

Those "people" are the fans. Blues overwhelmingly were and are against jumping into bed with the Glazers etc and a trash League that would have ruined football. But fans have shown they can't simply be ignored. This is our club, not the Sheikh's - a fact that he himself (through Khaldoon) has confirmed multiple times - and absolutely appeasement, including apologies from the highest levels, must take place before healing can occur.

So this episode is good for the club?

Please.... a total PR disaster for a club that had seriously bad PR in it's home country to start with.

For the red shirts this will cause collateral damage and in my opinion all of those clubs will have new owners and quickly, but for us and Chelsea a PR disaster that will take a lot of time and effort to eradicate.
Can’t see it mate . Chelsea and city never really pushed but were swayed into thinking it’d a good idea . It’s abit like a happily married man looking at a a very nice woman and thinking I might try my luck but then realising that they could fuck up big time . They will be embarrassed about it all but nothing more will come if anything city and Chelsea will be known as the clubs that finished it .

1/2 price season tickets, whatever.

Show the fans some respect, you stabbed us in the back, you backed the clubs who have tried to destroy you as soon as you became a threat, how on earth could you do that?

The more I think of this, the more angry it makes me about what our club were thinking about joining this rabble.

I thought this club was bought as PR for Abu Dhabi , so why sell your very soul to the devil, it's not as if we need money.
Yep, It doesn't make any sense.

The line about City being pressured to make an 11th hour decision is one that has traction with me, but maybe I am just trying to find a defensive angle to support the club when, in reality, there is none.

The current system is flawed, times ARE changing and Football does need to attract a younger fan base. Work on solving those problems before stomping off home, and taking the ball with you, please football administrators.

Many problems in football have been created by greed, trying to solve those problems by more greed is counterproductive. Clubs have had a champagne time the last 15 years, now the bar bill needs paying, so fucking pay it!!!

16-24 year old capped at £10-15
Parent and child capped at £30-35 (for both).
Family capped at £60-70 (for 4).
Legacy fans capped at £25-30.
Let's bring some joy back to stadiums.

The clubs have seen what it is like playing without fans, they have also seen the active mobilisation of fan bases when the game is threatened.

Polite suggestion: DONT FUCK WITH FANS anymore!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.