The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

Čeferin in interview for Slovenian TV about Perez, Agnelli, Woodward and other interesting things about everything that happened behind the scenes ("24ur zvečer", POP TV interview)​

renderTimingPixel.png

Translated source from Reddit user
Original source (Slovenian)

Interview is being placed in "Ljubljana, Pro Plus d.o.o 24 ur Zvečer"

Quotes from the interview:

"Perez doesn't like me because I won't do exactly what he says. He is afterall a president of Super League. A president of nothing."

"5 clubs called me on Saturday saying they HAD to join so they won't get left out"

"Agnelli was saying it is bullshit that SuperLeague is forming. I already knew it is so I said to him "Let's give a PR statement then". He said that is a great idea and told me to write it and send it to him to see. I did that, send it and tried to call him again. He didn't pick up his phone. After a long time he did and said it is not really OK and he will fix a few things. After that he didn't pick up the phone."

"People are saying UEFA is corrupt and everything we do is purely for the money. Ex presidents were corrupt, that's why I candidated and am now a president of UEFA. Since then I really try to talk with every single club, every single football association, every person and to work it out. Ask anybody. A lot of people that didn't pay attention to football politics are still under impression of 2015 (Blatter and Platini cases)"

"Ed Woodward called me on Thursday and said he is very happy with CL reform and he is excited to vote for it tomorrow. We know what happened after"

"I read a joke today about Super League today that Real Madrid and Juventus are going to play 52 matches next season"

"Believe me, anybody that says that is calm it is not. Wait until Friday. We have at least 235 out of 247 clubs at our side. And that is just on paper. "

"Next week we will see what we will do with the clubs that selfishly abandoned us. We will see their consequences."

"I can't find billions for the English clubs. And even that wouldn't fix things up because they would find another excuse to do the same thing."

"I heard about Super League that it will be officially announced on Sunday night. Obviously for American market. That's what pissed real fans the most"

"This CL format is not final. We are trying to please everybody. Perez and owners that are criticizing UEFA and saying that we are loosing up for the big clubs and Super league is just a rebellion against us but at the same time they say we are too strict to them. We will have talks about it in the future."

"I said to the clubs that were worried about the super league that I need 24h and Super League won't exist anymore. I made a few calls, but fans did the most important thing. They rebelled."

"I had to have double whiskey so I was able to fall asleep on Sunday"

"Yesterday I had 3800 SMS that I wasn't able to respond to"

"I learned that money is not everything. I learned that even the people that are the closest to you can be liars. "

"I never gave myself a raise. You can see who posted that and know who gave a order to post this. It is a lie."

"My family stood with me in all this. My brother was mad when I left mid night to Slovenia after this."

"I had a conference where I told everything about the problem. Boris Johnson and Macron acted 10min after the conference. But the most important were the supporters that has shown they can't be bought."

"I would call myself naive but at least I'm not a liar"

"There is 247 clubs in ECE. Nobody gave me a clue something is happening. I heard it from time to time and then asked my (then) good friend, president of ECE (Agnelli) about it. He denied it everytime."

"Agnelli on Friday hosted a meeting about the new format. All of the 247 clubs voted for it. Including the greedy 12."

"Saturday was really interesting. Somebody who I won't mention, called me in the morning saying the clubs will tomorrow (on sunday) night create something called SuperLeague. After that, in the same day, I revived 5 calls from 5 different clubs apologizing to me that they had to do it. Agnelli said it was all lies and everything was made up. I wasn't THAT naive so I told him then we should do a press release then. He agreed "happily" and told me to write it and he will check it out. After that I called him 10 times with no answer. Then he answered and said he will fix a few thing and send it back to me. But that was the last time I was able to reach him. He vanished."

"I said to the clubs that they have to publicly deny claims that they will participate in Super League. If they won't do it until tomorrow (Sunday) they will become enemies. They said they want to remain friends under a Super league but I said:"That thing doesn't exist."

Interviewer: "You said that so many lies that you heard from Agnelli you never heard from anybody else. When asked about it he said that everything about your relationship is between him and you"

Čeferin: "Okay. But I think if you talk about business this isn't really a private thing. If somebody asked me what I am going to do at vacation or how are the kids that is something I wouldn't talk with the public. But if somebody puts an European or even World football at stake, this is a crucial thing to talk about. And especially because of his repetitive lies this is something that is needed to be publicly talked about."

"For me, I don't want to be too harsh, is horrifying that greed can be so powerful that you don't care for the sport that we love, for European culture, European values that we were building for hundreds of years, for supporters and after all personal friendships. And I know I'm naive."

"Football can either start and end wars"

(When Perez said that they want a dialoge with UEFA): "A Spanish journalist asked me after the congress why we don't talk with the clubs. I answered we were talking with them for two years now and then they disappeared. I won't be looking for them across the Europe. Now everybody wants a dialogue. I won't say we won't talk but I firstly they at least be honest that you want a dialogue with somebody."

"We can't talk about punishments for clubs for now, we have to talk with our lawyers first. It is after all politics. We will keep in mind that they apologised to supporters, football fans and UEFA. However this can't happen again and we will make sure it won't."

Interviewer: Did Barcelona and their president Laporta disappoint you?
"Actually, he disappointed me the least of them. He was under an extreme pressure. He is a president for two months. We talked a few times and he is worried about their huge debt that "he" inherit. He was one of the guys that wasn't driven by greed. He is also sneaky that he added a clause that the club can leave if the board says so. Props to him because of that."

WOW. I think that’s all probably true. great find.

Pères said the ESL was to save Football but his main concern is saving two Spanish clubs who have spent their own money plus lots of state assistance and now demand more money to misspend.
The Old Juan Kerr does not see nor care for all the European clubs and their fans who would suffer perhaps disappear because this. Not my idea of saving football.

Čeferin in interview for Slovenian TV about Perez, Agnelli, Woodward and other interesting things about everything that happened behind the scenes ("24ur zvečer", POP TV interview)​

renderTimingPixel.png

Translated source from Reddit user
Original source (Slovenian)

Interview is being placed in "Ljubljana, Pro Plus d.o.o 24 ur Zvečer"

Quotes from the interview:

"Perez doesn't like me because I won't do exactly what he says. He is afterall a president of Super League. A president of nothing."

"5 clubs called me on Saturday saying they HAD to join so they won't get left out"

"Agnelli was saying it is bullshit that SuperLeague is forming. I already knew it is so I said to him "Let's give a PR statement then". He said that is a great idea and told me to write it and send it to him to see. I did that, send it and tried to call him again. He didn't pick up his phone. After a long time he did and said it is not really OK and he will fix a few things. After that he didn't pick up the phone."

"People are saying UEFA is corrupt and everything we do is purely for the money. Ex presidents were corrupt, that's why I candidated and am now a president of UEFA. Since then I really try to talk with every single club, every single football association, every person and to work it out. Ask anybody. A lot of people that didn't pay attention to football politics are still under impression of 2015 (Blatter and Platini cases)"

"Ed Woodward called me on Thursday and said he is very happy with CL reform and he is excited to vote for it tomorrow. We know what happened after"

"I read a joke today about Super League today that Real Madrid and Juventus are going to play 52 matches next season"

"Believe me, anybody that says that is calm it is not. Wait until Friday. We have at least 235 out of 247 clubs at our side. And that is just on paper. "

"Next week we will see what we will do with the clubs that selfishly abandoned us. We will see their consequences."

"I can't find billions for the English clubs. And even that wouldn't fix things up because they would find another excuse to do the same thing."

"I heard about Super League that it will be officially announced on Sunday night. Obviously for American market. That's what pissed real fans the most"

"This CL format is not final. We are trying to please everybody. Perez and owners that are criticizing UEFA and saying that we are loosing up for the big clubs and Super league is just a rebellion against us but at the same time they say we are too strict to them. We will have talks about it in the future."

"I said to the clubs that were worried about the super league that I need 24h and Super League won't exist anymore. I made a few calls, but fans did the most important thing. They rebelled."

"I had to have double whiskey so I was able to fall asleep on Sunday"

"Yesterday I had 3800 SMS that I wasn't able to respond to"

"I learned that money is not everything. I learned that even the people that are the closest to you can be liars. "

"I never gave myself a raise. You can see who posted that and know who gave a order to post this. It is a lie."

"My family stood with me in all this. My brother was mad when I left mid night to Slovenia after this."

"I had a conference where I told everything about the problem. Boris Johnson and Macron acted 10min after the conference. But the most important were the supporters that has shown they can't be bought."

"I would call myself naive but at least I'm not a liar"

"There is 247 clubs in ECE. Nobody gave me a clue something is happening. I heard it from time to time and then asked my (then) good friend, president of ECE (Agnelli) about it. He denied it everytime."

"Agnelli on Friday hosted a meeting about the new format. All of the 247 clubs voted for it. Including the greedy 12."

"Saturday was really interesting. Somebody who I won't mention, called me in the morning saying the clubs will tomorrow (on sunday) night create something called SuperLeague. After that, in the same day, I revived 5 calls from 5 different clubs apologizing to me that they had to do it. Agnelli said it was all lies and everything was made up. I wasn't THAT naive so I told him then we should do a press release then. He agreed "happily" and told me to write it and he will check it out. After that I called him 10 times with no answer. Then he answered and said he will fix a few thing and send it back to me. But that was the last time I was able to reach him. He vanished."

"I said to the clubs that they have to publicly deny claims that they will participate in Super League. If they won't do it until tomorrow (Sunday) they will become enemies. They said they want to remain friends under a Super league but I said:"That thing doesn't exist."

Interviewer: "You said that so many lies that you heard from Agnelli you never heard from anybody else. When asked about it he said that everything about your relationship is between him and you"

Čeferin: "Okay. But I think if you talk about business this isn't really a private thing. If somebody asked me what I am going to do at vacation or how are the kids that is something I wouldn't talk with the public. But if somebody puts an European or even World football at stake, this is a crucial thing to talk about. And especially because of his repetitive lies this is something that is needed to be publicly talked about."

"For me, I don't want to be too harsh, is horrifying that greed can be so powerful that you don't care for the sport that we love, for European culture, European values that we were building for hundreds of years, for supporters and after all personal friendships. And I know I'm naive."

"Football can either start and end wars"

(When Perez said that they want a dialoge with UEFA): "A Spanish journalist asked me after the congress why we don't talk with the clubs. I answered we were talking with them for two years now and then they disappeared. I won't be looking for them across the Europe. Now everybody wants a dialogue. I won't say we won't talk but I firstly they at least be honest that you want a dialogue with somebody."

"We can't talk about punishments for clubs for now, we have to talk with our lawyers first. It is after all politics. We will keep in mind that they apologised to supporters, football fans and UEFA. However this can't happen again and we will make sure it won't."

Interviewer: Did Barcelona and their president Laporta disappoint you?

"Actually, he disappointed me the least of them. He was under an extreme pressure. He is a president for two months. We talked a few times and he is worried about their huge debt that "he" inherit. He was one of the guys that wasn't driven by greed. He is also sneaky that he added a clause that the club can leave if the board says so. Props to him because of that."
Ceferin's played a blinder on this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.