City v PL | Legal Dispute/Appeal

Any chance of the first investigation being time barred? Some of the UEFA ones had a five year limit, written into the rules. UEFA still pursued the charges but CAS threw out as too late?

Seems like we could go forvever digging into the past to find skeletons in cupboards? Why always us?

giphy.gif

Bird & Bird are mentioned here as the prems lawyers and Clifford Chance has been mentioned here, https://www.ft.com/content/d4504e75-128b-4428-b5ae-7d7620a0188e as being part of our team so this seems to fit?

@Prestwich_Blue you might know more?

Am I misinterpreting the first part being basically FFP?
If it is FFP based then I’m not too worried by that, considering we’ve already won at CAS for similar charges.
The football academy part would surely be worse case scenario a transfer embargo?
I may be way off as I’m certainly no expert.

Any chance of the first investigation being time barred? Some of the UEFA ones had a five year limit, written into the rules. UEFA still pursued the charges but CAS threw out as too late?

Seems like we could go forvever digging into the past to find skeletons in cupboards? Why always us?
The PL would have given up if they thought everything was time barred you would think.

I wonder why the usual journalists aren’t going on about it again?

Very tiring all this.

The PL had a case against us at the same time UEFA did if I remember correctly and it had been going on 2 years. I can also remember a journo mentioning that the PLs case was still pending. I assumed it all went away with the CAS victory and that the PL wouldn’t risk it.

My guess,if it’s quite old is it’s FFP again. But it’s just a guess.
Sounds v plausible.
Won’t lose any sleep over this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.