City v PL | Legal Dispute/Appeal

I think the PL doesn’t have the time restrictions UEFA has. Likely fines or points or both I would guess.
Assuming there’s any wrong doing.
My understanding was that the “time barred” stuff wasn’t actually investigated by CAS cos they were time barred, so even if guilty it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

Yeah that’s pretty much as I read it also. wonder what the potential punishment would be? Points deduction? Stripped of past titles? Fines? Transfer bans?

Worryingly a lot of the ‘key‘ evidence UEFA had against couldn’t be used in court due to the time that had elapsed if I remember correctly. Not sure if prem has different rules to allow them to use that evidence.

Either way just more unnecessary stress for the fans. What a fucking week
The time barred stuff in the UEFA case just meant CAS wouldn't even consider the charges for that period, nothing to do with 'key' evidence.

Why do you bring up 'punishment' when nobody actually knows what the charge is?

Assuming there’s any wrong doing.
My understanding was that the “time barred” stuff wasn’t actually investigated by CAS cos they were time barred, so even if guilty it wouldn’t have mattered anyway.
Yep, the journalists tried to spin the time barred stuff to say there was anything in it. They simply didn't spend time going through stuff that was time barred, there was likely "no evidence" just like the rest of it.

More like it suits both parties to keep it quiet - City because we can do without more dirty laundry in public and the PL because if it doesn't go their way in the end they don't want to look like a bunch of twonks like UEFA.
I think it’s more of an indication that the premier league have a much better organisation than uefa and are legally obligated to keep the verdict quiet until the decision of the appeal is known as shown in the earlier document posted.

All we know right now is we have been found guilty by a small court. It most likely correlates to the ffp investigation that the premier league started last year which began in February 2020.

We will have to see if our appeal is successful or what our punishment will be. Gulp

Wasn't premier League FFP much less strict than UEFA's?

Cannot see how we could be punished over anything.

Edit: yes it was £105m loss over 3 seasons plus some minor wage increase rules.

Last edited:
It will be a minor issue where we have already been sanctioned but disagree with the sanction - perhaps were are trying to get a fine overturned. The result can only be as you were or in our favour
Indeed I know nowt but I do know if it was serious the media would have been all over it already.

The time barred stuff in the UEFA case just meant CAS wouldn't even consider the charges for that period, nothing to do with 'key' evidence.

Why do you bring up 'punishment' when nobody actually knows what the charge is?
Because the fact we are appealing the decision indicates we have been found guilty by the small court. It is safe to assume it is to do with the FFP investigation the premier league started last year in 2020 the dates match up on the document.

I think it’s more of an indication that the premier league have a much better organisation than uefa
Says who? Where's the evidence for this? Aren't these the same people who gave Chelsea and City duff information about the youth player rules for FIFA guidelines? Let's just wait and see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.