Super League Aftermath.

Ways to fix Champions League:

Remove all seedings from group stage onwards
Remove away goals rule
Remove extra time, if game is level after 2 legs it goes straight to penalties
Teams that qualify for knock out rounds vote on stadium to host final
Domestic cup winners qualify for Champions League over 3rd/4th placed sides, who qualify for the Europa League

The European Cup was a great competition run on a knock-out basis. That didn’t suit the likes of the Rags, Arsenal and Scousers as they could get beaten early on in the competition and lose out on income. They persuaded UEFA to introduce the Champions League with a six match minimum guarantee and all was rosy.

Then along came Chelsea, PSG and ourselves and the “history” clubs started missing out on the group stages. This meant they pressurised UEFA to at first change the co-efficient system so they had more chance of bypassing the earlier qualifying rounds. Then as that did not get the desired results they pressurised UEFA into making changes to the CL to allow more teams into the group stages. All the time this was happening the “history” clubs were plotting in secret to set up their own money making competition in an American format that meant the founders would always be in it.

The so called Super League was an abomination but so is the newly proposed Champions League. At the end of the day even though they say they take the fans views into account they bloody well do not and frankly it is only revenue they are interested in.

Change is coming. I wonder where this will lead.

It will lead to the Premier League, the best sports competition in the world, turning into a pub league like the one in Germany. It will deter investors from investing money in the UK football industry leading to the destruction of thousands of jobs. The owners of clubs in the rest of Europe, especially Italy and Spain will be delighted because they have been trying to destroy the PL for years.

I think the fallout (was going to use legacy...) of this is going to benefit our reputation. First out, forcing others to follow or get booted from the PL and seeing the Yanks’ attempt at a coup on the game.

I wouldn’t be sad if Soriano moved on as a result of this either.

Hopefully these 6 clubs now overcompensate and treat the fans well for a while, given the last year without us.

Pipedream, but one can hope.
This isn't going away unfortunately.

These clubs need the money badly, hence I susepct the rush to do this. Their mistake was screwing up the pitch to us, Chelsea and others. It's clear that had they offered us an equal partnership, rather than one that was inferior to the one the real founders had, we'd have signed the contract. There's be no Carabao Cup Final, no CL semi-final and probably the defeat by Leeds would have been the last PL game we played.

They know now that it's ESL or domestic league but not both.

This isn't going away unfortunately.

These clubs need the money badly, hence I susepct the rush to do this. Their mistake was screwing up the pitch to us, Chelsea and others. It's clear that had they offered us an equal partnership, rather than one that was inferior to the one the real founders had, we'd have signed the contract. There's be no Carabao Cup Final, no CL semi-final and probably the defeat by Leeds would have been the last PL game we played.

They know now that it's ESL or domestic league but not both.
Agree unfortunately. Unless the power to make another attempt at this coup is removed of course, a chance exists view this promised review, but we will need to see if it is anymore than just PR;

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.