Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

You have to work harder and it’s more draining on the back foot so it speaks volumes for our fitness after the first half.
They only play energy sapping games like this in the CL and they’re not normally physically challenged in the French league + they get very little from Neymar & Mbappe when they’re under pressure.
One thing I noticed — those two absolutely did nothing defensively. Neymar came back but only to receive the ball deep (fine with me). Di Maria was better, but a notable difference between our attackers and their in that regard.

Weidmans injury at weekend has nothing on poor Neymar. Honestly the talent Neymar has and he acts like that it's embarrassing.

Brilliant performance, just awesome. We showed bottle - bottle, guts and skill. Plenty of teams would have collapsed in the face of the first half PSG attacks, dives, and attempts to get our players sent off. We are immense at the back - immense everywhere. Riyad is going through the gears now.

They didn't outplay us though. They were slightly better. Proper mature European performance from us tonight, soaked up all they had and killed them off.
I thought there was some top drawer football from both teams. We were better. Shame we couldn't nick another goal.

If that run from Phil had ended in a goal!..

...then again no. The world world would want to buy him tomorrow.

I don't understand this. PSG outplay us in the first half like nobody else, and then we outplay them even better in the second half. Perhaps they got tired after we upped the tempo.
Our full backs sat deep all first half and we couldn’t sustain possession in the PSG half as we didn’t have the overload in midfield.

From the kick off second half Walker and Cancelo were pushed up as normal, and pressed and PSG could not cope with the 8 man press. I think it was a case of conserving energy first half then hammering them second half and it worked perfectly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.